Warranty Question...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by SamIchi, Feb 14, 2007.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I bought my iPod a couple years ago, and needed to replace it just before the warranty was up, last year. So I sent it in and they sent me another one I don't know if it was refurbished or just new. Well anyways this one just crapped out on me also. Does this one still have the one year warranty on it?

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I think (and I could be very wrong) that the warranty on a replacement is 90 days or the length of the original warranty, whichever is longer.

3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I would think so- but you need to just contact Apple anyway about your problems and they can tell you. What do you do to these iPods?!?!

4. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hah, I dunno... Well my first one I think it was because I woul always bring it to work and I kept hittin' it, not hard, but it would get knocked a few times while in my pocket. But this one I haven't done anything too, I've used it less and only at school, so I don't know.

5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

So it sounds like you should bang it around as it sounds like the first one lasted more than a year and this new one didn't.:D

6. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Maybe I should.... :eek: Sucks being sans iPod.

Just found my reciept and it has Apple Limited Warranty typed under the iPod serial #, so I'm assuming I can get it repaired again... or replaced.

7. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Lucky you! When I get my new one I think i am going to be naughty and use something like alterpod and get a new one after a year? Does it always work if I keep a straight face and "have no idea what happened"?

Thanks

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The warranty on a replacement iPod does in fact last until the expiration date of the original warranty or 90 days from the replacement date, whichever is later. Sorry. :(

9. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Forget that, it doesn't work like that. I just tried to send it in for repairs on the Apple Site and it showed the original iPod purchase date for the current serial#. Oh well, maybe I should get the Applecare on my next iPod :(

Yea thanks, I figured. Hmm now what am I goin to do with this dead iPod?

10. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Well, you can sell it for parts or trade it in at an Apple store for 10% off a new one. http://www.apple.com/environment/recycling/

11. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Not on iPods.