1. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

The Jam and Cram looks so pleasing. I'm a high school student, though so I don't get it. So, I thought I would have my friend buy it for me who is in college. I was just wondering if there would be any problems witht he warranty of stuff if its under his name? Can I transfer the name?

Also, is it possible to buy from the store onlie if you're not a student. Like I've heard it is very easy, has anyone who isn't a student ever done it.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

The warranty won't be a problem I'm pretty sure, as the initial 1 year warranty goes by the computer's serial number, not the purchaser.

People on here aren't going to like this post though...... :eek:

3. Chef Medeski thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Nothing happened here.

4. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I think you may come off a bit strong in that statement, therefore people may be less inclined to answer.

Exercise extreme caution in ordering via online education store, as random checks are seeming to be much more frequent.

5. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

There are a great many things that you don't yet understand. I could give you a breakdown, but I don't feel the need. Good luck in your senior year. :)

6. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

lol you make AP classes to be like freshmen level classes. Freshmen level classes are much more work than the AP Classes. AP is very basic and very brief, and has a superficial browsing, if you may, of a course's contents. I took 2 APs as a sophomore, 2 aps as a junior, 4 aps as a senior, and lemme tell you taking all those aps my senior year was no fun when i was slacknig off. And no need to say you're smarter than people who don't take aps. Maybe they don't have the opportunities like black people, or perhap[s they're taking classes at their community college.

oh yeah i got a 1450 on my sats, that probabyl makes me smarter than you :)

7. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

EVERYONE should get the educational discount. Macs are too expensive as it is. :)

8. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

oh god, AP classes are way easier than real college level courses dude. college is a WAY different ballgame than high school. i slacked off so much in my AP classes throughout high school and still got mostly A's and B's in my AP classes and got into a very respectable university (UC Davis). i didnt even bother taking the AP tests, lol. point is, you're not smarter than anyone else just becuase you are taking all APs, once you get into college, you'll realize you're at the same level of intelligence as everyone else.

9. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

Another thing... AP classes are equivalent to very easy/entry level classes at the university level... (ie AP Biology is equivalent to a class that does not even meet the undergraduate requirements for biology majors, AP English is equivalent to a class that does not even meet the undergrad requirements for English majors, etc...) all they do is give you college credit IF you happen to score at least a 4 on the AP (this is assuming CA, i think it's the same in other states).

So for example, if you wanted to a biology major, and you thought taking AP biology would go towards major requirements for biology, well, it doesn't.

10. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

one more thing...

YOU DONT PAY COLLEGE TUITION.

11. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

nevertheless, i agree, macs are way too expensive and should be cheaper anyhow.

okay, now, end of my posting in this thread...

12. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

Nor *any* tuition for that matter...

But yeah, I can understand why all students should be eligible.

13. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Wow, this thread became highly populated in a very short of amount of time.

It would be a pity for it to be closed because of this! ....

Oh wait, no it wouldn't. :p

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If you have an acceptance letter for college, Apple will accept that as you being a student and give you the discount.

15. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

Not all AP classes/teachers are the same!!! My AP Computer Science teacher was an idiot and I would have rated it at a 8th grade level. However, my AP Calc class was, taught by a teacher who used to teach at a University, much harder than my first two college Calc classes combined.

16. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

Oh yeah man... the AP Calculus teacher at my school was a professor from Hong Kong I think, and it was insanely difficult, and I believe that my friends said in college Calculus was way easier because of his rigorous course work.

Guess you're right bout that.

17. Chef Medeski thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Really? Ohh that makes it alot easier then.

I'm sorry if I came on to strong. I just think it gets me abit angry that the discount isn't a real student discount.

18. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

Oh, but it is a student discount. It's for the college kids that have to pay tuition... that's the whole point of a student discount. We already fork over a ******** for college, so Apple gives us a menial discount, which is still a discount no less, mind you, to persuade us to buy their products.