War's Iraqi Death Toll Tops 50,000

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Jun 25, 2006.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-deathtoll25jun25,0,4970736.story

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Did we expect them to die any other way?

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I know right.....theres only one way of dying if someone puts a bullet in you or blow you up right...

Bless

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

And everyone of those people had family or friends who would be happy to avenge those deaths. Iraq is a no win.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Especially for the Iraqis. Halliburton, on the other hand, must be quite happy.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Not only Haliburton but all those Pentagon companies that make anything the military may use. Parts,equipment,new rockets,bombs,ammo,tanks,etc etc. They make billions and we the taxpayer get the bill. For.........Oh yeah WMDs,or was it fight them there not here, no nation building,no whats the current spin?:confused:

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

that's the first i've seen an estimate higher than that determined by iraqbodycount, which is near 40k. they use a different method of determination: local media reports.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Also a direct hit by a weapon can sometimes leave nothing, I suspect the number is slightly higher.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's far higher than that. I doubt it's gone down since I last checked over a year ago. They must have changed the way they tabulate the deaths. And what constitutes a "war" death.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Those are the games they have been playing on many issues only the public is to stupid to look closer.
    So Iraq is asking us to go, top generals are saying the same yet the draft dodgers running the show in Washington want to stay the course calling everyone else opposed to this imperial rule as cutting & running. Only problem is the rudder has been broken for years. Congress & president are clueless. So many dead and in the end we will have established is a Shiite Iraqi theocracy. watch it happen. This war did nothing for the U.S. but it allowed Bin Laden and his pals to get away. Oh, it drove the Oil markets crazy with record profits.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You sum it up very well, DHM, and in inimitable style. :)

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, does anyone think that if 570,000 Americans were killed violently in three years, (and a Democratic president was in power) that the GOP footsoldiers would be out asking why the news stories aren't showing all the good news that's happening in the States?