Was Keynote software used to create WWDC Keynote address video?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2slix, Aug 9, 2006.

1. 2slix macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just watched the latest WWDC Keynote address at

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc05/

and was wondering if this was produced with the software Keynote?

I'm wondering if there are automated templates where you can have the split screen video and slide animation & transitions and reflections set up in Keynote, or if this was something done custom in another software?

Does anyone have any idea what software could be used to create this effect?

Thank you very much!

2. GooMan macrumors regular

GooMan

3. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Yes, it was.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yes, most of what you saw was, indeed, produced by the Keynote app. Obviously, the video, desktop views, etc. weren't. They switched between a Keynote slideshow and a Mac's video out throughout the presentation.

Although... I suppose that's obvious. So perhaps I misunderstood the scope of your question, in which case the answer is just, as crees! said, "Yes, it was." ;)

5. 2slix thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome, thanks for the clarification!

do you know if Keynote supports a live video production in this manner?

in other words, could i create this kind of presentation with 2 cameras, a video switcher and a laptop with Keynote installed during a live conference?

thanks!

6. projectle macrumors 6502

No, Keynote does not handle video switching.

You can slice pre-existing video files to create video clips inside of Keynote, however odds are that you would want to use something like Keynote for your presentation, your cameras feeding directly into your video editing system (raw feeds over Firewire unless you have a video breakout box) and then do a live capture in "Tape-To-Tape" mode to take multiple live sources and turn into one video file.

Then, you will still have the original video clips so that you could clean up after the fact if you really screwed up.