Washed iPod Nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nylock10, Dec 17, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2006
    On Friday I accidentally left my 1st-generation 2GB iPod nano in my shorts pocket.

My shorts were washed, and so was my iPod. I was scared that I ruined it, so I didn't try to turn it on. Instead I left it in my window to dry over the weekend.

This morning I tried turning it on, and it works! My battery is still fully charged (I charged it the day it got washed).

But the screen still has a little bit of water in it, so I turned it off. Should I let it dry for a few more days and check again for water in the screen?
  2. macrumors member

Sep 29, 2007
    I would. Maybe put it in front of a fan or something?
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2006
    I just turned it on and it's dry :D

Is it safe to plug into my computer?
  4. macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    being completely soaked and all that i'd let it dry for a good week before usage really. condensation could still build up if there is a tiny bit of water in the thing. better safe than sorry imo.

good luck and i hope it continues working for a long time :)
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2006
    Good idea, it doesn't work without plugging it into a charger :(

I'm pretty mad at myself for leaving it in my pocket, I never realized how much I needed the iPod until now.
  6. macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    You do realize the Apple sells clean versions of most songs on iTunes. :D

Let it sit and completely dry out, you should be OK.
  7. macrumors newbie

Jun 6, 2007
    It's great to know that your player still works. Maybe the hair dryer will do the job to the screen :rolleyes:
  8. SXR
    macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2007
    So true. You always realise how much you need stuff until its gone ;)
    Check the MR forums for information about electrodes , or something. There is this genius guy on the forum that told something about the electrodes breaking or something after some time. I have no idea, I wish I knew where it was. good luck on the nano and think twice when washing , okay? :p