Washington Post: Apple's MacBook Leaves Its Predecessors in the Dust

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by unixfool, Jun 12, 2006.

1. unixfool macrumors 6502a

2. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

It's unfortunate that "leaving it's predecessors in the dust" is also combined with a tendency to become "outright scorching" as it is "readying for takeoff". Not the most pleasant thought. :eek:

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Read that review yesterday. The writer is starting to warm up to Macs.

He did a nice comparison, showing that the MacBook is not out of wack price wise with WinXP laptops.

4. buffalo macrumors 65816

There was also a MacBook review in the WSJ a few days ago which gave positive feedback. I don't have a link though.

5. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No surprise there, the WSJ seems to love Apple (especially Walt Mossberg), and for good reason I might add- its Apple, what is not to love?! :D

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Well they are a local company (Herndon , VA), so a nice plug for our tech sector here.

8. unixfool thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree.

9. unixfool thread starter macrumors 6502a

Last night, I took the family to the Tyson Apple Store to get a glimpse of the MacBooks, as the wife and I were interested in how they looked in person. I was highly impressed (and so was the wife, which is unusual). I'll be purchasing a MacBook sometime this week, maybe tomorrow or Friday via the online store. I'm going to get the 2GHz white one. I almost want to just purchase locally, as I don't really need a BTO machine. My wife thinks I should do a BTO with an 80GB drive since its only $49 to upgrade from 60GB to 80GB. I want to purchase a non-customized machine and add a gig of RAM and maybe a 100GB drive...I can get the customize parts locally. I guess I don't really want to wait for my purchase to ship! :)