Washington Post Mac mini review

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Chip NoVaMac, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46426-2005Jan29.html

Not a bad review. You can see his bias towards PCs very clearly. Thankfully he did make some strong points for the Mac mini, though at the very end the article (I put emphasis on those sections).

Puts to rest (sort of) of the comments by many that bring up Dell systems.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

"the Mac Mini should be an utterly pleasant machine"

Re-reading it for a second time, it sounds like he never go round to actually doing a lot with it...

In fact, he could have cobbled that article together from the specs and a couple of other articles from elsewhere. It's obvious that he didn't but the impression is one of "oh, it's a curiosity"

But I like this at the end:
    "Given the woeful state of Windows computing..."

:D

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

MacMini will rule this segment of the market with its superior OS and ilife apps. There just isnt anything close on the windows side without shelling out some very big bucks. Plus where else you going to get a free copy of Marbleblast & Nanasaur2. :)

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

i am glad he spelled out the mouse and monitor issues, I always get that question.
    As WE all know, OS and included Software make the mini a killer! ;)

The day after it was announced my 72 yr old mother called me to get her one!

5. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Did you all notice that he misspelled the name of the computer, it is Mac mini not Mac Mini. :D

Just had to get that in since so many jump on new MAC people. :D