Washingtonians/Marylanders: Where to get a good Po'boy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by floriflee, Aug 23, 2006.

1. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I know that perhaps this is a strange question, but does anyone from the Washington/MD area know of a good place to find a decent Po'boy? I am craving one like something fierce this afternoon so I'm trying to find a place somewhat nearby that I can convince the hubby to go to....

Oh, it's good to like food again! :D

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Popeyes?

I've never had a Po' Boy, I think I've seen it advertised at Popeyes though.

3. floriflee thread starter macrumors 68030

floriflee

Nooooo... A Po'boy is a sandwich filled with mayo, shredded lettuce, and fried goodness generally on the order of fried shrimp, oysters, catfish or something that tasks good breaded. It's a New Orlean's specialty. Mmmmm....

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I remember a resturant in Arlington VA that had sandwithces like that. THe problem is I can't remember the name :p

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Damn. Now that's a good question.

I don't know, I've only ever had a po'boy in New Orleans, so I've been googling. Bardia, Acadiana, Johnny's Half Shell, Local 16, Hank's Oyster Bar...

I've never been to any of them though. :( My father in law loved Johnny's Half Shell. Most places only seem to have oyster po'boys though.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They're not even selling those now but one was a Chicken Strip Po' Boy, which isn't close to what she's wanting.

7. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

I've never heard of that. I think the best place for you to find one would be your kitchen...

sorry...