Watch news and sport online

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by andreydzung, Jan 31, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all I'm a grad student with no cable subscription. For movies and TV shows, I usually watch on netflix and hulu. But for other things, I have trouble to find a way to watch online

1) News: CNN, BBC

2) Sport on ESPN (NBA, soccer)

It would be really nice to be able to watch this at the end of day after long working hours :D I would pay for these if the price is reasonable. For example, I'm thinking of subscribing to XfinityTV for 32$/month, then I can access watchESPN and liveCNN. What are my other options?

2. macrumors 6502a

Do you have a Usenet account? I have had pretty good luck finding the sporting events I'm looking for there.

3. macrumors 6502a

for nba go for nba gamepass, in canada i believe its around 100$ for the season. news i usually just watch segments of the stuff i want to watch from multiple sources, cnn, bloomberg, cbc etc.

4. macrumors 68020

northy124

You have the options of using ESPN College Pass (may be International only), MLB.tv, NBA League Pass, NFL Game Pass and NHL Game Center Live for US sports although expensive I have a feeling it is cheaper than cable or satellite.

Football wise as far as I am aware there are no legal streams outside of satellite and cable packages such as Sky Go for instance and even then they are geo-blocked so I cannot help you there.

Hope it helps somewhat :)