Watch out Apple... apperently

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by madamimadam, Jul 25, 2002.

1. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Interesting... Know where I could find any images?

Bill

2. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Nevermind, here it is. I don't think there is any competition (IMHO) :)

Bill

Attached Files:

3. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

I checked the details on the site... they say their machine is a P4 but the machine that they are comparing to the eMac is a celeron with a DVD drive. The PC has 128 Mb more RAM but the mac graphics card is 350Mhz (more than double).

4. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

They still have to make sure they have a stable system with a program that easy for consumers to use. Did you see the Windows version of iMovie? There's no competition.

5. vitruvius macrumors regular

yeak!! that thing seem to came directly from 2001:Space Odissey:p

6. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Watch out, I remember that is how Seal described the iPod
    ROFL
    :D :D

7. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Man... those windoze folk just don't get it, do they? If people want raw performance, thye'll probably buy a PC. If people want ease of use - an all round pleasant computing experience - along with a heap of better-than-anything-on-the-market multimedia apps, they'll buy a Mac.

I don't care how fast that machine is, and I don't care how many features it has. I like OS X and Apple's free iApps.

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

Dear Jack. That's one ugly sonbit. :rolleyes: :eek:

Of all the years the peecee world has tried to copy Apple's brightest and best innovations this gets the golden globe award for most embarassing. :p :p :p :p

As for the Windoze version of iMovie, I think I saw that on some jerky Pee4ork 2.0GHz peecee commercial advertisement, where you could make a movie in 30 seconds. What a **** load of :eek: that was, err, is.

Again, the peecee world continues to expose themselves to the world on how beligerant and embarassing they can be. The only difference this time is that it's an all-in-one. :p :D

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Wait a minute, it might look ugly to you but look at some of the features it has that the iMac doesn't.

If it uses a standard replaceable video card it may be a viable dorm computer compared to an iMac - sort of reminds me of an updated version of the black Mac.

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I find it hard to believe that it "has been well received by loyal Apple users" :rolleyes:

11. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Didnt the same company try to clone the Apple 2E?? in the 80's??

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Pretty lame stuff, sorry to see it happen. I wonder if Apple will do anything about it, or just be happy to see it die slowly......

13. machagheid macrumors newbie

All in none

I would buy this but it lacks the shaver socket, the tin opener, a built in ash-tray facility, a sunroof & a hook for hanging furry dice.
    P.S.
    I've just read around 40 posts ......'complaining' about Apple!!!

14. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

perhaps it's a positive spin on those loyal apple users happy that the thing stinks and won't take away any apple sales. :)

15. mnm macrumors newbie

funny!

http://www.northgate.com/products.php?id=INTEGRA1

check out the poor attempt at an "Aqua" button!

reminds me of the first effects people ever learnt with photoshop - bevel, embos, drop-shadow, bish bosh look at my clever web sh|te!

Actually, just clicked on it, and surprise surprise it's a broken link on my mac browser, seems like people can get paid to make any old cr@p nowadays.

M

16. Inhale420 macrumors regular

i've nothing against pc's but that thing is fugly. it has a normal looking keyboard but the rest is 60's space age.

17. machagheid macrumors newbie

18. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

19. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    now THATS funny

a built-in subwoofer??? yea, right...where is the speaker? and how do you fit a good sized magnet for the speaker in that puppy. and if they DID figure out how to fit some sort of speaker that could move enough air to pump out sub frequencies...wouldn't the computer just vibrate off of the desk?

i guess thats a good positive spin on the reality of " our computer has a crummy speaker that has no high frequency response"...

hey, lets call it a subwoofer...:rolleyes: