Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riko19

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2003
Warrington UK
OK i thought is share with you my experiences with small buisinesses like the applecentres, if you are thinking that you are waiting far too long for your order this may be the reason why

Q) they say they have had none in stock

A) but when i phone up manchester they have them in stock, which was a complete suprise, applecentre warrington said there is nowhere where you can get your hands on one around britian and thats a fact, applecentre holdens where i ordered mine bck in january have only had 2 shipped over, which is a crying shame, (i cancelled my order due to the massive waste of time and long wait.....) so really we dont know where the uk is up to with there orders it seems different companies are getting different answers, i really do recommend applecentre manchester....
like i said waiting 15 or so weeks going on 17 weeks i think....is quite rediculous, i understand they had problems but being high in the list (4TH) then i would of thought i would of got one, hence the reason i cancelled order from holdens due to them saying "apple do not give shipping orders out to any companies because noone knows when we are going to get stock in" which when i spoke to apple manchester they laughed at the quote and said many of outr companies get shipping orders...

if u want one yes there may be a wait some places but try try and try again... you will find a company that has small orders or is getting them in bulky orders...

Hope this helps you uk ppl..

Riko19

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2003
Warrington UK
after cancelling my order i phoned up apple centre manchester and said

hi id like to buy a powerbook 17 inch model please they put me on hold and put me thru this guy callled dave who said sure mate we will get one for you by this friday of possibly thursday coz we are getting a shipment this week. education price 2084 pound ..very nice

very quick........thats proof of the pudding......very satisfied now

just have to wait that little bit longer....:)

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
John Lewis told me 6 weeks, even though they were in stock in places like fnac when I went to Marseille on holiday... I can't trust what they say though as they said they have different shipping dates world wide as usa have had them for over a yeah....like yeah right...that would be a first shippibng over 3/4 of a year before they were announced!

Riko19

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2003
Warrington UK
it does get fustrating, though i know it is worth the wait, its just apple cant give us a straight answer...

it makes me feel that if you really want a powerbook in good time you have to put pressure on the seller, they may play you about a bit because its a single custumer order and they want to save the bulk loads they get in for buisiness orders, i think this may be waht is happening and apple need to sort it out.

Riko19

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2003
Warrington UK
yeah hopefully i have one reserved for tomorrow, i think that if they are telling the truth i will pick it up tomorrow at manchester myself.

but then again father is going to try and get it ex vat from a freind of a friend... ;)

so a bit unsure... i dont wanna wait ant longer though... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.