1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iPad Watch shows from desktop on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jctivo, Dec 26, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I have a Desktop windows vista computer running itunes all the time which I use my Apple TV2 to watch shows on my HDTV.

My question is when I'm on the treadmill not near a TV, can I watch shows from either my Apple TV2 or my desktop computer on my ipad? Is there an app for that?

I'm sure there must be a way, I'm just spacing on how to do it.

I would like to not run another server program as I have itunes performing that task and it works for the most part so I don't want to screw around with something that might mess that up.

Thank you in advance,
    jctivo

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 65816

I just download the movies to my iPad and watch at will. Replacing those just watched with another to keep the list fresh. Lets see what I have on there right now... this could be bad:
    Ok, not so bad, I only have Prometheus, Push, Sunshine, The Book of Eli on there right now. Normally I have about 5 or 6 movies, guess I'm just too lazy to push the cloud button over the holidays.

4. macrumors member

thanks

I don't want to be loading things on/off the ipad since I have a 2 tb drive for my library.

So I did review the article from apple about home sharing. I did set it up now on my ipad.

Looks like it worked. I was watching something from my itunes library.

Thanks. I really forgot about home sharing for this function!

jctivo

5. macrumors 68040

You can also download air video.

6. macrumors member

thanks

I will try airvideo.

The home sharing flaked out a bit on me last night so I will try airvideo as well.

Thanks.
    jctivo

7. macrumors member

I often want to watch online videos that are flash-based on my iPad. Since the iPad cannot do flash (at least not easily), I use Splashtop (http://www.splashtop.com/splashtop2) through my desktop machine.

From what I have found, it may be the only desktop viewer that also sends audio.

8. macrumors 603

Menel

PS3MediaServer
    +
    AcePlayer

Also, Apple's Remote App should work with Home Sharing to stream videos from your iTunes.

9. macrumors 6502

AirVideo is the best streamer for me because it does all formats so I can watch my MKV rips on my NAS. It also streams over 4G. Great purchase.

10. macrumors member

Thanks

I tried airvideo and paid for app.

I actually thinks it works better than iTunes at least in my limited tests so far.
    Jctivo

11. macrumors regular

I use StreamToMe which I've found to be excellent.