Watch TV, Listen to Radio, on your PCI-equiped PowerMac. Re...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacBytes, Jul 12, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 6502

May 30, 2002
    I have been waiting a long time for this. I took the jump and have ordered one.

If Apple talks about a digital hub, this belongs right in there. Apples slowness in this area amazes me because I think this market is huge.
  3. macrumors member

Jul 16, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Wow, I've been waiting forever for this since Formac never released OS X drivers for their PCI TV tuner card...

This looks like it will be a great alternative to el gato's eyeTV, especially since it even includes a remote!
  4. macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    I have seen setups like this on PCs before. A while back I realized that the computers in one of my classes were rigged with TV tuner cards so I proceeded to rig up an antennae with paper clips so I could watch Judge Mathis. Needless to say my instructor (who I have nicknamed Dumbass) was none too happy about it. He proceeded to explain that it was vandalism and that he could send me to prison but he was just being a nice guy and let me off with a warning :rolleyes:
  5. macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
  6. macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    I had an old computer with a TV input.

It's like a beige version of an old iMac, it had a remote for it as well.
  7. macrumors member

Sep 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    anybody here remember the Mac TV. that was my first mac.
  8. macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Saw this on Maccentral too. Looks good. Xlr8yourmac had some stuff about it last Dec. Found this on Yahoo!,6855167~root=macdsl~mode=flat~start=0

This is what I've been searching for. It's perfect. But is it G5 compatible? The Dual 2GHz has PCI-X, which is 3.3v, but this card is 5v, PCI 2.2. G5 spec sheets says it's compatible with Universal PCI cards, but I don't want to assume. PCI-X is supposed to be backwards compatible.

Anyone know if these cards would work?