watching football on the mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andych, Sep 5, 2006.

1. andych macrumors member

andych

are there any programmes available to watch live football?.
    there are many for the PC but are there any for the mac?

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Please explain what type of football you are talking about.

3. andych thread starter macrumors member

andych

hee hee..
    ok SOCCER..as in english and spanish...

4. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

Hehe. So which kind? English: shows a lot of individual promise, but unable to perform as a team, or Spanish: there's a chip shop somewhere missing the contents of its deep fat fryer (vital for that slicked-back hair look) and full of unecessary rolling around on the floor at the slightest tap

:D

I kid, I kid!

What sort of software do you mean? If it's web sites that stream matches, you might find the Flip4Mac Quicktime plugin handy, as that'll let you view Windows Media-format videos on websites.

5. iVersa macrumors 6502

6. Queso macrumors G4

Don't know about live, but I always listen to commentary and watch match highlights on the Premium TV sites. It has all the Coca-Cola League teams in there so it depends on who you support.

The site throws up lots of stupid pop-ups about needing Internet Explorer, but just ignore them and Flip4Mac and/or Windows Media Player for Mac quite happily plays everything.

7. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I watch stuff dowloaded in Real Player, Quicktime and Windows Media Player all the time.

I'm still on dial-up here so there's no way I can stream live except for audio, but it's doable for people with a good broadband connection.

The communications entities are going to be fighting this out for a while because
    really, you don't need DirectTV or cable TV if you can stream HD to your computer.

Watch on demand is going to be a big issue over the next few years.

8. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

.... not to mention the gazillion-bajillion ££, €€ and $$ in football broadcasting rights that are up for stake. It's going to be messy...