Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haxley

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Anyone else experience this? If I force the screen to stay awake long enough it eventually says 2 hours remaining. Then if the screen sleeps and I unlock it's back to "about 1 hour remaining". Suggestions?

Update: Finally has dropped to 58 minutes!

Update 2: Ring around Apple logo on watch finally showing, meaning it's installing. I think we're good!

Update 3: All good now; installed and I'm playing around with it. Basically hung on "about 1 hour remaining" for ~2 hours then started moving. If you guys are having similar problems, my advice is just to wait it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: sqvarepants

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I am ready to renew my license but would like to hear a few more people say it is stable enough for daily drive with only minor hiccups. I have only seen 2-3 people say that they have downloaded and that there is only minor glitches but this is based on a couple hours at most.

Haxley

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Would like updates as well.

All good now; installed and I'm playing around with it. Basically hung on "about 1 hour remaining" for ~2 hours then started moving. If you guys are having similar problems, my advice is just to wait it out.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
All good now; installed and I'm playing around with it. Basically hung on "about 1 hour remaining" for ~2 hours then started moving. If you guys are having similar problems, my advice is just to wait it out.

Let me know how stability is...would love to try it out but am worried about the whole not being able to downgrade thing.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
lost all my activity credit for the day when I had to reset it :-( so far I am really liking ios10 though

well now I'm having an issue with iTunes saying it isn't authorized for the content on my phone.... I have reauthorized and reauthorized with no prevail...

You did the watch already?

Haxley

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
was just starting it, but you have to reset the watch to repair it with the phone after updating to iOS 10

I don't think this is typical. I just installed the iOS 10 profile on my phone, which let's Apple know to give me OTA (over-the-air) iOS 10 beta updates. Similarly, I installed the watchOS 3 profile on my watch, which let's Apple know to give me OTA watchOS 3 beta updates. You do this by going to the downloads page on the developer website directly from your phone. You do not need a computer to install the iOS 10 or watchOS 3 betas.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I don't think this is typical. I just installed the iOS 10 profile on my phone, which let's Apple know to give me OTA (over-the-air) iOS 10 beta updates. Similarly, I installed the watchOS 3 profile on my watch, which let's Apple know to give me OTA watchOS 3 beta updates. You do this by going to the downloads page on the developer website directly from your phone. You do not need a computer to install the iOS 10 or watchOS 3 betas.

yeah i saw that, and have used it in the past but I hear a few people saying with 10 it is best to do a clean install. Well to late now cause I have got my phone up and running again with all setting back to how I like them. Now just need to get all my games synced up so I don't lose progress. already almost midnight so the watch is getting the works tomorrow morning.

EDIT and now games synced up smoothly. bed time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haxley

Haxley

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
For those who were wondering, watchOS 3 seems to be a fairly stable beta release. Thinking back on it, I remember watchOS 2 Beta 1 was much, much more buggy. The main issue I noticed is increased battery life drain. Went for less than 12 hours today before 10% remaining and I wasn't using it intensively. Though, yesterday the battery seemed to last from 6am-bedtime, so it may be an intermittent bug causing today's extremely short battery life. Minor Breathe app notification bug, difficult to dismiss. Complications seem to have more trouble displaying information some times. But is by no means bugging, crashing, and burping all over the place, which I've noticed before with previous betas and even full releases.

Reactions: ladytonya
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.