Water leakage......goodbye Armenian Rug

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by joepunk, Dec 4, 2006.

1. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

It snowed over the Turkey weekend. 5-8" then started to melt away on Wednesday 29.

On Sunday I heard a drip like sound coming from a room used for storage of stuff. A massive amount of water leaked through the (new) flat roof and soaked most of the ceiling a wall and other stuff (builders think that the recent freezing froze some traped mosture which expanded and broke some seals). Quickly I sprang into action with a bucket and any mopping device I could find.

The Armenian Rug soaked most of the water on the floor. Basically ruining the rug for ever. Later on the stitching fell apart and it is now in 4 pieces. It was my grandparents and worth several thousand dollars.

Oh, and my very old Performa was in the way of some of the water. Was going to recycle it anyway.

Now the room smells like what soaked drywall smells like.

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

More than the value is the sentiment. And for that loss to happen when the roof was newly installed...especially sad.

I don't know much about Turkey - but could the monetary value be recovered from the roofer?

3. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

aww man that sucks. sorry to hear that.
    hope you get everything back together soon!