water spill damage to battery connect?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ioioma, Oct 17, 2006.

  1. ioioma macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    #1
    I spilled some water on my MacBook a few days ago and followed all the recommended steps, but maybe not fast enough. I think the computer shut itself down while I was running for a rag; the scenario was a little confusing, but I managed to wipe it off, take the battery out, and let it dry for 3 days. Now it seems to be working fine EXCEPT the computer no longer detects the battery (there is an X over the menu bar battery icon with the message: "no batteries available"). But the battery is in and, according to the indicator lights on the bottom of the computer, is fully charged. I'd be very grateful for any explanations or suggestions. Can I do something to fix this problem besides holding my breath or taking it in?
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    clean the pins VERY CAREFULLY with some alcohol or something inert that won't react. I think you'll probably have to take it in though.
     

Share This Page