Water spilled on MBP 2 weeks ago, damage now revealed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DVNIEL, Mar 15, 2007.

1. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

So to make a long story short, I was having an argument with my parents, I wasn't thinking straight, and I accidently knocked over a glass of water on my MBP.

2 weeks go by, everything is fine: no fan problems, HD clicking, screen looks great, all keys respond appropriately. But tonight I wanted to watch a movie, and right when I hit the lights, I notice where the damage had occurred. My keyboard is now unevenly lit.

What should I do? Should I try to get Apple to fix it? If Apple suspects water, does it automatically void my warranty? Suggestions shall be appreciated. And yes, I took pics. Enjoy at the expense of my clumsiness

Attached Files:

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yes. :eek: AppleCare doesn't cover accidental damage.

3. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

And they will notice it. The corrosives of water is very easily noticed. Try buying a new keyboard and exchange it yourself...

4. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

yet when i went in the applestore and asked them about what they would do if my coke covered powerbook had have been under applecare, they said that technically, they could have refused to fix it, but in reality almost definitely would have fixed it for me. I suppose it depends who you talk to!

and also, when an indoor tv antenna fell onto my girlfriends mbp, smashing 5 of the keys off, we called up applecare, explained what happened, and they fixed it in about 2 days...they put a new keyboard in - no questions! It could be different in the uk though!

5. XP Defector macrumors 6502

My house insurance covers accidential spillages, hence why I'm typing this on a new MacBook Dualcore 2Ghz as opposed to a clapped out old Dell 2.4Ghz :)

Maybe you should check with your parents.