Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helloimD4NNY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I installed a invisible shield on my iPhone 4 today and I went to my camera app and saw that it was blurry. I looked at my camera and saw water vapor on the inside of the glass of the camera. How to I fix this? DDDD:<

cmay227

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
I installed a invisible shield on my iPhone 4 today and I went to my camera app and saw that it was blurry. I looked at my camera and saw water vapor on the inside of the glass of the camera. How to I fix this? DDDD:<

remove the 2 screws on both sides of the dock and gently push the back battery cover up about a 8th inch and remove and clean. it's really easy.

_Matt

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2005
I just noticed a bit of foggy moisture in the center of my camera lens today! I don't think it's affecting my photos though.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca

Since you live in Las Vegas, I recommend you let your phone sun dry under the windowsill during the day time to evaporate the moisture from the lens or for a quicker solution, use a hairdryer from distance. For an over night solution, I agree with GadgetGeek71, dry rice does a good job of absorbing moisture.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Since you live in Las Vegas, I recommend you let your phone sun dry under the windowsill during the day time to evaporate the moisture from the lens or for a quicker solution, use a hairdryer from distance. For an over night solution, I agree with GadgetGeek71, dry rice does a good job of absorbing moisture.

I know I'm kinda nuts, but I never let my iP4 in direct sunlight. I would recommend rice over sun, since heat is bad for batteries and rice isn't.

But, maybe put a piece of tape over your camera lens and any other part of your phone that isn't covered and may get scratched by the rice.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I know I'm kinda nuts, but I never let my iP4 in direct sunlight. I would recommend rice over sun, since heat is bad for batteries and rice isn't.

But, maybe put a piece of tape over your camera lens and any other part of your phone that isn't covered and may get scratched by the rice.

I just re-read my post. I didn't mean under direct sunlight. I meant to say in a bowl of dry rice on the windowsill.

About two months ago I dropped my iPod shuffle in a glass of water and I didn't realize I did for about 15hrs. Once I did notice, I took it out and dried it off with a paper towel and I plugged in my headphones to test it, it didn't work, so I got a bowl of rice and placed my iPod in the center and I put the bowl on the windowsill (it was over 100 degrees that day) for about 30-40 minutes. Plugged in my headphones again, this time it tuned on.

The heat + rice combo I think helped it dry up faster.

but this is just my opinion.

mackoroni

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010

I second the idea of removing the back to let it dry out. In the future stay away from wet install products. As you can see from my post I ruined by phone trying to install one.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/993846/

helloimD4NNY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for all the inputs. I'd like to say that my baby(iPhone 4) is okay now. I choose to submerge my phone in a zip-lock bag full of rice over night. All of the water in my camera is gone but my pictures don't look as sharp. It might just be in my head though. ):

Anyways, thanks again! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.