Waterfield Designs Debuts 'Mac Pro Go Case' for Transporting 2013 Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 20, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Waterfield Designs today introduced its new Mac Pro Go Case, a bag designed to transport the 2013 Mac Pro and necessary accessories. Created from padded ballistic nylon, the case is designed to fit snugly around Apple's newest desktop computer.

The case cushions the Mac Pro with both internal padding and a plush liner, and there's a heavy duty plastic plate to protect the bottom of the computer. An accessories pocket able to hold add-ons like a mouse, cables, and power cord fits on top of the bag and a side pocket has room for an Apple wireless keyboard.

At 7.5 inches in diameter and 12 to 14-inches tall, the Mac Pro Go Case can be carried using a nylon grab handle or a removable suspension shoulder strap.

The Mac Pro Go Case, which comes in black to match the Mac Pro, can be ordered for $129 from SFBags.com.

Article Link: Waterfield Designs Debuts 'Mac Pro Go Case' for Transporting 2013 Mac Pro
  2. macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2010
    macrumors apparently
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 30, 2009
    Sounds like a great target for thieves. Otherwise probably a great way to carry your Mac Pro around
  4. macrumors member

Jan 11, 2013
    Id love a Mac Pro. Even though I have 0 need for it.

Maybe the new Mac mini will look like a mini Mac Pro #……Or not.

Has there been any news on a new Mac mini that I may have missed ?
  5. macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oct 31, 2009
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    WOW, that case is awesome! I love how they have the keyboard on the side, and then they use the top of the Mac Pro for the mouse and other cables. Cool!
  6. macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2014
    60 cents of velcro securing a $10,000 computer...
    no thanks...
  7. macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ballistic? Some explain how that is meaningful and not just a worthless buzz word.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2011
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Looks like a pretty good case. I wonder how many people would have a use for it? Somebody who needs to move their computer, but has a screen at their destination. Could be good for hotels I suppose, but surely it would be better to take a laptop and not strain your neck looking at a screen up on the wall? Easier to slip a laptop into a suitcase too.

If it's between two fixed destinations, I'd have thought it would be better to have two computers, even if one of them is cheaper, and just carry a memory stick, or use cloud storage.
  9. macrumors 68030

Oct 19, 2011

Finally I can bring my Mac Pro to Starbucks. Now I just need a carrying case for the two 27'' TB displays... ;)
  10. macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2002
    Los Angeles
    OK, so unless I am invading normandy beach, this is a buzz word.
  11. macrumors G4

May 10, 2004
    I have a Cube carrying bag.

I've never used it.
  12. JAT
    macrumors 603

Dec 31, 2001
    Mpls, MN
    Pretty much. I've had "ballistic nylon" bags that fell apart in weeks, others that are ok after years.

It's shaped to fit you?
  13. macrumors member

Oct 8, 2012
    Arkansas, USA
    You've clearly never used a Waterfield product.
  14. macrumors 601

Jun 27, 2007
    Central U.S.
    This will be an excellent addition for the next time I go backpacking in the Andes. I just hope they make a version with a water bottle holder.
  15. macrumors 6502a

Sep 26, 2007
  16. macrumors 6502a

Dec 24, 2011
    The kind of "thing" you buy and use it once and that's it. The rest is collecting dust in your closet or... as a nice beach bag.
  17. macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2012
    Hummm nice... I wonder if the bag could be used as a cooler bag to carry beers on ice at a BBQ?
  18. macrumors 6502a

Sep 23, 2007
    Derbyshire, England
    Where does the 29" monitor fit?

Or do you just carry it to a friends?

Or to your work?.
  19. macrumors regular

Mar 18, 2008
    Has anyone ever transported a Mac Pro through airport security? I wonder if this weird black cylinder that doesn't look like a 'computer' might raise some eybrows… I want to transport a Mac Pro during an international flight but I am unsure how smooth it would go…
  20. macrumors regular

Jan 15, 2008
    Second that.

My Waterfield case has been excellent. They've given me top-notch customer service and support, too.

This nMP case looks like a good design. If it turns out to not be, have confidence Waterfield will take care of its customers.
  21. macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2010
    Good! Now I can take my Mac Pro with me camping and canoeing....
  22. Michael Scrip, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014

macrumors 68030

Mar 4, 2011
    This isn't the first time a Mac Pro needed to be transported.

You or I may never need it... but somebody does :)

23. macrumors member

Oct 29, 2011
    This company is awesome. I'll bet it'll be a solid case. I've bought all of my cases from them for the past few years.

Made in USA. Solid quality. Good customer service. They even customized a case for me because I wanted something removed.

The Racer-X laptop bag was my biggest purchase, and I love it!
  24. macs4nw, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014

macrumors 68030

Appears to be a real nice, well-thought-out product, and I'm sure it'll be the cats meow for some people, but realistically, how many of these do they hope to sell? Moreover, if they can find a way to quickly detach the Alu stand from iMacs, why not follow this with a carrying case specifically designed for those desktops? :rolleyes:

Perhaps I'm way off on this one, but wouldn't the vast majority of Pro owners leave their expensive desktops safely at home or the office, connected to their expensive displays and servers, and travel instead with their rMBPs and flash- or portable drives?
  25. macrumors regular

Feb 13, 2009
    hahahaha.. good catch. Or you just need to bring a HDMI and hook it up to their big screen on the wall..:D