Waterfield Muzetto & Cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by LadyHoneyBabe, Mar 26, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Many people are posting about Waterfield's Muzetto and cases. I have to admit they look well made and I'm extremely close to ordering one myself. I wanted to know if anyone has ordered or tried any of their products before. I just don't want to pay for a mediocre product only to return it.

:confused:

2. macrumors 68000

I bought the cargo bag and sleeve for my MacBook Air. Very high quality and durable. I highly recommend them.

3. macrumors member

I just received the Personal Size Muzetto for my IPad (green). Very well made, nice leather, perfect size!

4. macrumors 6502a

I have a few of their small cases and one for my wireless keyboard. Excellent quality. The first case I got from them, that I don't use any more that was for the first gen iPod. The little extra for the quality was worth it to me for the cases.

5. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I have always heard good things about Waterfield/SF Bags and the photos and descriptions of their products are quite appealing. They also are very good about communicating with the customer, too. After seeing the Muzetto a few weeks ago in a photo here, I kept going back to the site to look and look again..... The day I placed my reservation for my iPad I also ordered the Muzetto personal bag and the iPad Smart Case. This past week I received an email about the new size, the Portable Muzetto and was asked if I would prefer that size rather than the Personal size, no additional cost to me (since my order had already been placed). Of course I said yes. I imagine that I will be notified once they've shipped, which will be after the iPad itself has been released and we've all got our hands on one.

6. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

They have great quality product that's for sure, you will not be disappointed.
    Im pretty sure that all their stuff is made in the U.S. San Fran to be exact.

7. macrumors 68000

Wow that's an impressive response on their part - selling you the slightly larger, more expensive version at the same price. Nice!

Their stuff is excellent - I have an older sleeve of theirs that's perfect for a netbook and now an iPad.

The two size choices are a tough dilemma though. I sort of feel like I first need to determine what if any type of semi-permanent case I'd keep it in (like...Otterbox style) or not before I know whether I'd need/want the slightly added size of the Portable model...

8. macrumors regular

I am very impressed with Waterfield

I ordered the personal a while back when they were promoting it to fit the iPad. I now have the case and emailed them when they got the larger size, they offered to exchange it without a problem.

I am planning on getting a sleeve type case (hard graft) and then hopefully a wallet like the happy owl or a few other I have seen recently. Playing around with books slightly wider and thicker then the iPad I am happy with the personal, it will be snug, but in my eyes that is not a bad thing. I still have the pockets to put items such as charger in without a problem.

I am over carrying books everywhere (hence getting the iPad). There is the back pocket for my passport if travelling too. All in all :cool:

The quality is great and have already recommended them to a few friends for their bags. :eek:

In my eyes worth every penny (or cent).

9. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

My Muzetto arrived today and it is gorgeous! My iPad in the Apple case slips in there beautifully and eventually when I also receive my iPad smart case, it, too, will fit beautifully. I like the look and feel of this bag -- definitely quality workmanship -- and it more than meets my expectations. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll do a few photos, but in the meantime, I am truly a happy camper!

10. macrumors member

How do you like the iPad Smart Case? This was the one i was considering when I finally get my iPad.

I have a few things from Waterfield and I will never buy a laptop sleeve from anyone else. I absolutely love the one for my macbook pro. I have the pre-unibody macbook pro, so when i ordered mine they were on their way to phasing out that size. All they had left were vertical ones with the top flap. Because they all had the flap on them, they threw it in there for free! (It was great because that was what I was going to order anyway :D )

I highly recommend ordering from them

11. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

Haven't gotten my iPad smart case yet--it is going to be on the way soon -- but definitely in the meantime I am delighted with my Muzetto portable iPad bag!

12. macrumors member

Completely misread your post. I skipped down a line, past eventually and read receive as received :eek:

I guess the smart case must be a hit though, because orders now are shipping for another month

13. macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Their stuff looks really nice. High quality AND they look good.

My only gripe is the price. $179 for a small leather bag?

Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a student, so my money is kind of tight, but it's still surprises me how SO MANY PEOPLE are buying all these super expensive accessories...

14. macrumors 6502a

Waterfield is a fantastic company with excellent service and quality products. I have bought several things from them over the years. Their stuff usually looks even better in person than in pictures.

I am considering several of their items for the iPad. Please post pics of the bags and the smart case and muzetto bags.

15. JCT
    macrumors 6502

I've been buying their gear for over 6 years, and one of their Cosmo bags has been my daily work and travel bag (all over the world) for the past 3 years. It looks like new and it certainly hasn't been babied. When I was a student I couldn't have afforded it either to be honest ;), but now that I no longer live month-to-month, I have learned that paying a bit extra for something that not only lasts but is unique and nice to carry is worthwhile. If their stuff holds up for years, the cost of ownership is really not too bad...

An added bonus is that the gear is made in SF and the customer service is absolutely stellar. I had purchased a Personal Muzetto in early March for my upcoming iPad and took delivery. A couple of weeks ago I noticed the "Portable" size and emailed the company to ask about the size difference and they immediately offered to swap it out at no charge. Really, you can't beat that sort of service and I am more than willing to pay for it.

Another nice thing is that their gear remains very unique and to this day I rarely attend a conference or meeting without someone commenting on my "neat" bag, they are the antithesis of a "me-too" company.

This is why you see so many repeat buyers -- their stuff makes great gifts as well.

JT

16. thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the ultimate sleeve case and although it's extremely well made, I didn't realize how form fitting it is. It will only fit if I don't have a case on it...it has to be naked. Because of that, I was thinking about getting invisible shield installed.

BTW, my Muzetto is shipping today. :D I hope my incase convertible book case fits...along with my keyboard. *fingers crossed*

17. macrumors member

I had corresponded with WF a few weeks ago about being notified when the new version of the Ultimate Sleevecase is available. Apparently when they received the Apple cover, they found the grippy texture didn't allow it to slide into the sleevecase easily, so they are reworking their design. It sounds like some of you have found it to not be a problem, though! They also said that they are working on a travel case as well.

I just received my Muzetto bag with the green panel yesterday, and it is gorgeous! My iPad in the Marware eco-vue cover even fits in their fine. I am a huge fan of WF. They make such great quality products and as others have said before, their CS is exceptional.

18. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

I just popped my iPad (in its Apple case) and my BT keyboard into the Muzetto along with my wallet, keys, sunglasses and such.....everything fits perfectly!!!

This is a great bag and I'm very, very pleased with it!

19. macrumors 6502

Love to see some pics of the Portable. Anther two weeks until I get mine! :mad:

20. macrumors 6502a

Not to completely open this can of worms... but, can you see a man carrying this bag without it looking feminine? I am not opening the whole murse conversation, just about this bag.

21. macrumors newbie

Funny you should ask Mark34, I am a woman and thought the bags were too masculine for me! I think the quality looks great but I just want something cuter! When I see the pics, I totally picture men using it...very Euro and smart looking1

22. macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Murse conversation, just in case:
    The only way you would look explicitly feminine while carrying a bag like this is if you were wearing drag and makeup.

This is a personal "satchel" sort of bag. It isn't glittery, it doesn't have snaps, doesn't say "GUESS" on it, and you don't drap it off of one shoulder.

I've been wearing shoulder bags like this for a few years now (since my High School sophomore year) since i would find that i had too much stuff than would fit in my pockets. Cell phone, wallet, DS Lite, keys, cell phone charger, etc.

I really don;t think there's anything wrong with not wanting there to be huge bulges in your pants. Also, i hate backpacks. They aren't convenient for grabbing stuff quickly-better for transporting.

Muzetto bag:

Its made of distressed leather by the looks of it, so i think this bag is one of the most "masculine" of these that you could get. In my opinion, at least. As i said earlier i can't afford this, unfortunately =(

23. macrumors regular

Big Waterfield fan here. I've ordered several of their bags and cases. The stuff just lasts and looks excellent over time. Top that off with great customer service and you have a winner.

Things I still own are the Cargo bag, iPod gear bag, DS Lite carrying case, Sleeve case and Piggyback (formerly for a PowerBook G4 - 6 years ago) now used for an Macbook Pro 13". And another Sleeve for my wife's laptop. So yeah, I'm a fan of their stuff.

24. macrumors 601

The difference is that Waterfield Designs are known for ultra-high workmanship quality, their bags will survive through anything and last forever. Pay 179$ once for a bag that can last for years makes more sense than paying 30$ for a bag that'll crap out within months and paying again.

You have to think years when it comes to Waterfield Designs stuff.

Note to anybody who bought Smart Cases
    Still another one-two weeks out from shipping. They got totally overwhelmed with orders for this specific case and they were stunned at how many orders they got for it.

25. macrumors 601

Can you please take pictures for us? I would love to see it full with those contents too.