Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Are you going swimming with it?

Yeah that is exactly what I'm going to do genius. :rolleyes:

No, I'd like to read by the pool and at the beach but a) I don't want to get sand in it and b) I don't want an errant drip or splash triggering the water sensor.

Lenow

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
MEdge Claims Waterproof

I am waiting for my MEdge Liesure Jacket that they claim is not waterproof, but offers protection at the beach or pool. It zips but has a plastic cover on the front. I am getting it because it is a jacket with a pocket for my MiFi card and looks like it isn't too bulky. I will post something after I actually get my order.

http://www.medgestore.com/products/ipad-leisure.psp

FEATURES

The Leisure Jacket provides superior protection against sand, dirt, and moisture by utilizing a read-through, clear vinyl cover.
Protective double closure zipper allows access to charging port without removing iPad from jacket
The interior includes a high density foam frame to provide outstanding device security, and iPad can be flipped over for additional screen protection while traveling.
Large exterior zipper compartment contains a pocket sized for the iPhone and additional pockets for accessory storage.
The clear vinyl front cover allows full functionality of iPad's touch screen.
SPECIFICATIONS

Compatibility: Apple iPad
Weight: 8.90oz
Dimensions: 8.5in x 10.5in x 0.75in
OVERVIEW

The M-Edge Leisure Jacket is the ultimate accessory for iPad owners who like to brave the elements and bring their devices along for the ride. Whether at the beach, pool or gym, this jacket provides superior protection against sand, dirt and moisture by utilizing a read-through, clear vinyl cover and protective double zipper closure that allows for charging of iPad while it remains safe in the jacket. The Leisure Jacket's large exterior compartment contains a pocket sized perfectly for your iPhone and additional pockets for accessories. This jacket is not waterproof.

Attachments

• PAD1_L1_C_R--detail01-med.jpg
    PAD1_L1_C_R--detail01-med.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 104
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.