Wax lyrical the PS1

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Go on, talk about this machine.

Why bring up such a topic, ol Jimmi? Well I'm about to go hunting through my attic for my PS1, complete with Rayman 2 stickers all over it. I'm going to go hunting for some games too, mostly SotN again. I wasn't too keen when I first played it so I'd like to see how it is now.

I consider this one of the better machines out there. Probably rate it higher if not for the controller and loading.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wish I could find my Silent Hill game for the PS1....loved that game.

Bless

3. baleensavage macrumors 6502a

Some of the best games ever came out on PS1. Among my favorites are: Xenogears, Chrono Cross, FF7, Persona 2, Star Ocean 2, and many others. Even the modern systems with all their fancy graphics can't compare to the epic scopes of the PS1 RPGs.

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I have an original playstation sitting in my closet which I plan on converting into an ashtray with the lid.

This had the best games on it. Ghost In The Shell, Castlevania: SotN, Twisted Metal II, Rival Schools, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Metal Gear Solid, Bushido Blade, King of Fighters, the first Tony Hawk game, and SO many other titles. I had a blast with this console. Probably owned 30-40 games for it and played more than 200.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Resident Evil 1 and 2....S.Filter,tomb raider, MGS...I love em all. I'm a Horror adventure gamer it sometimes take me away from the other genre which I'm trying to make up for.

Bless