Wax splattered all over my ibook.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by flitcher, Aug 19, 2005.

1. flitcher macrumors newbie

Don't ask how it go th ere. :mad:

I got most of it off my keyboard, but it splattered on my screen! I used one of those compressed air cans and it would litterally freeze the wax off, but there are still many small spots on my screen, plus there is the wax remenants all over the screen. What can I do to get rid of it? My screen looks either like its scratched or its just wax lines from wiping it(big mistake i made). PLEASE HELP :(

2. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

Man...maybe iKlear--that should take care of the lines from the wax I think but im not sure about the big pieces. If I were you I would go running to the Apple Store. A new keyboard you can buy if you need. Mine broke once and Apple installed it for me (free of course) and it didnt look so hard to do yourself though.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Credit card to scrape the dried wax
    Heat a towel up in the oven to about 200 degrees F and use it to soften and blot up the residue.

This is from non-computer-related spilled wax experience -- YMMV

4. flitcher thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks.. i actually tried using vodka(always good for something, eh?) and it worked really well. it took all of the wax of without any more scrapes, and it removed the residue, so it is really 95% of what it was before the mishap. :D

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Be glad it's wax and not bits of brain.

Try applying a hairdryer and melt the wax and wipe it off with a clean terry cloth.

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

This happened to my PowerBook. Don't ask. I just used my finger nail to gently remove the wax off the casing, and a towel slightly damp with warm water to remove the wax off the screen. Good luck! :)

7. Fender macrumors regular

Fender

You sound like you have previous experience with the latter. :eek:

8. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

9. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

He's been losing his mind for years, at some point picking up the pieces and the cleaning up the mess becomes a problem.

Or simply one of the scatterbrained individuals.