Way to check authorized computers on iTMS

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iJon, Mar 7, 2004.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well i have 3 personal machines at my house that run iTunes, and I take my laptop to work and people's houses a lot and play music over Rendezvous. I got another free cap so I entered it on my G5 and went to download and it said ill need to deauthorize a computer before I can play on my G5. Out of my 3 computers, my powerbook is the only one that is authorized. so obviously there are 2 more computers out there that can play my music, and before I go to work and just start looking at every machine does anyone know if there is the ability to check which computers are authorized or just a reset all. I looked all over but didnt find anything. if i cant do it, if all else fails ill just burn my music on my powerbook and reimport them and drop the DRM.

iJon

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

If you call Apple and explain the situation and are very nice to them they will deauthorize all of your computers for the iTunes Music Store songs. They will do this once and only once!!!

I know a couple of people who needed their computers deauthorized and called Apple and they deauthorized all of them for them.

Still to this day I don't know why Apple hasn't put a deauthorize all computers option in one of the menus in iTunes. They could make it so that you need to enter your username and password in order to do so. That way no one else can deauthorize, but you and they wouldn't get numerous calls to deauthorize people computers.

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

thanks a ton, i figured i may have to do this, ill give them a call soon.

iJon

4. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

tell us how it goes, i may need to do something similar in the near future. :)