Way to go religious conservatives!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by miloblithe, Feb 8, 2006.

1. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Glad to see this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060208/pl_nm/environment_evangelicals_dc

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Did you even read the article? :confused:

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

iGary's just acting up. Rob deserves saint status IMO :D

I think it's great that religious leaders are doing something positive for a change instead of just attacking Americans who don't agree with their monotheistic world view. Maybe this means the "Left Behind" crowd is being left behind while the world stewardship movement is gaining ground.

5. iGary Guest

iGary

Or anyone else that puts up with me for that matter. :D

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

If this god of theirs didn't factor in human abuse of the environment, he wasn't a very Intelligent Designer, was he?

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

some gods aren't detail oriented.

8. vniow macrumors G4

**** dude, you act more hormonal than I am right now, and I'm the one injecting them every week. :rolleyes:

9. iGary Guest

iGary

Never said I wasn't a bitch. :)

10. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

well at least they are trying, instead of beating their bibles and being complacent in the vain hopes that "god will save us". lest we forget that "god helps those who help themselves"

faith kills. ;)

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, it's all well and good that they're doing this... but the rationale is still the same. At least it shows that the extreme right doesn't hold ALL the cards just yet.

12. katchow macrumors 6502

i've always thought he was a bit of an underachiever :rolleyes:

13. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Maybe he wanted it to be really warm... you know, sort of a reminder to be good. ;)

14. emw macrumors G4

emw

No one else thinks it's ironic that the Pew foundation is fighting emissions that contribute not only to global warming but also create unpleasant odors?

15. emw macrumors G4

emw

Crap. You know what this means, right? We're Rev. A! :eek: :D

16. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

when bush sees people like this, or as i suspect - colin powell, john mccain, former 4 star generals, and other so called "right wing" people not on the same page with him, he must realize that it was a good thing the election was in 2004 and not today

just like clinton made promises for gay people and didn't deliver 100%, bush made a lot of promises to evangelicals that he is not upholding and he's feeling a backlash

it's one thing to read the bible and try to help the poor and spread the gospel, but it's another to be christian and support a president who runs an aimless vietnam style war, pollutes the environment, and wastes our once proud government surplus on tax cuts for a quiet and clandestine group of super rich people (who don't really need the extra money, anyway)

i am counting the days until bush jr. is out of here...and i am sure god is too ;)

17. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

A 24 year old, who obviously knows very little - has absolutely no right in dictating to NASA about what or is not, Science.

Bible bashers really do go over board.

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Explain. What rationale are you referring to exactly?

It is nice to see some of the Religious folk being both reasonable in the face of scientific evidence and vocal with their subsequent opinions. Representative of many, I would wager...

We are supposed to be the Stewards of the Earth, are we not?

Frankly, with the appropriation of the "moral high-ground" by the Religious Right, it seems that at least initially it is only the more moderate Religious folk who will be able to truly challenge their increasing hegemony in punditry land...

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

God gave us free will. It's not his fault we're too stupid to know what to do with it. I guess that's why it built in a failsafe so we automatically die if we haven't killed ourselves after about 120 years. And if we screw things up too much, we all die. Poof!, no more problems from us. :D

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm not a big fan of the "God wants it this way" argument. As you can see from the resistance the 'green' preachers get from members of their own faith, God is apparently on both sides of this debate.

And while I welcome anyone who wants to help stop things like global warming and inhumane treatment of slaughter animals, I'd rather the sentiment was based on something more tangible.