way to make Safari RSS like Firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gunhaver, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Gunhaver macrumors member

Nov 12, 2006
    I'd love to use Safari more, it's so fast and smooth, but whenever I use it's RSS reading function it feels so redundant and dumb, it's like why don't I just go to the blog as I normally do? I love how in Firefox I can just see all the new stories quickly in a drop-down menu and go stright to the ones I want to read right away, is there no way at all to do that in Safari? Or is there some plugin program out there that does that?
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    The closest thing to Safari with built-in RSS bookmarks is probably OmniWeb. (The latest release adds support for external RSS readers, because so many people disliked RSS bookmarks :D)
  3. Dssk macrumors newbie

Aug 26, 2009
    sorry to bring up such a old thread.....but as a n00b, I obviously did some searching. 3 years later, is there a way to make safari show titles of new articles like firefox does?
  4. natiedean24 macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2010
    I couldn't agree more. I wish there were a way to make the bookmark at the top of the browser for an RSS feed show a dropdown for the latest articles. Anyone have a solution to this?
  5. hanguolaohu macrumors regular

Mar 5, 2007
    I cannot believe that this still has not been added as an option, plugin or extension...