Way to make wireless xbox controller....wired?

Discussion in 'Games' started by kkarb, Mar 21, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

So I have two wireless controllers for my xbox, and I would like to use one of them with my macbook. My question is, is there something I can buy to make my wireless controller wired? I don't really want to buy a whole new controller, as I don't really need it.

I know with the play and charge kit, it plugs your controller into the xbox, but I'm guessing that is for the battery only, and the controller continues to send signals wirelessly.

I have a feeling there isn't a way, but it never hurts to ask.

2. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

3. TBi
    macrumors 68030

TBi

Microsoft have released a USB to wireless dongle specifically for use with wireless pads. Have a look around for it.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, yeah I think I've heard about that before. Thanks. I'll have to look around to see if there's a way to make it work with my mac, or I guess I could just use windows...

5. macrumors 68020

I thought the Play and Charge Kit doubles as a USB cable for the controller... :confused:

6. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

no. it allows you to play whilst your charging. it does not convert your controller into a wired controller - all the usb is doing is sending power.

7. macrumors 6502a

sb58

8. macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you have an intel Mac then you may be able to use crossover to get the windows drivers for the XboX controller to work under Mac OS X. I have used it to make the windows drivers for my Logitech Precision Gamepad to work and it is flawless for that purpose.

9. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I posted it #2 :confused: :confused:

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

:D You did! Some people don't like to read all the posts though, so yeah. But I read yours first, so thank you! +2 gold stars!