Way too reliant on my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by decksnap, Jul 25, 2006.

1. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Sorry - I have to vent. I love my iPod, and I've never had any problems with it until now.

I hate flying- but I had a trip across the country for which I prepared for quite diligently. I figured the only way to get through the trip was going to be with my iPod- so I ripped a bunch of movies and TV shows, loaded it with my music, put my audiobooks on there, bought a backup external battery, set my world clocks to the different time zones, put all my flight info in, etc. etc.

Five minutes after I board the plane it makes a loud screeching noise and it's totally done for! It just shows the 'www.apple.com/support/ipod' on the screen.

This is the point where I realized I am WAY too reliant on my iPod. I ended up buying a bunch of Tylenol PM and grumbling to myself for ten hours. :mad:

2. Viking Quest macrumors member

WOW that sucks......

3. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

10 hours!! What country were you flying across? The new rebpublic of Russochine?

Seriously, I know how you feel. I travel to China often (11 hour flights) and I would be lost with out my ipod and ambien!!

4. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

i felt a simular but not quite so fatal occurence on my way to Spain.

I had spent ages loading a tv show series for the plane/holiday and as i was settling down to episode one after take off, the ipod froze yet the hard drive kept spinning, getting hotter and hotter until it hit ten minutes and sorted itself out.

Reset wasn't doing anything either. I don't watch movies on it anymore. :(

5. decksnap thread starter macrumors 68040

decksnap

Ha- no I should have been more clear. the trip took about ten hours- two flights from NH to WA.

6. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Ah, darn layovers and plane changes. Get you every time.

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Well, at least the screeching noise wasn't from the airplane!

8. Keebler macrumors 68030

lol good one

(crappy 'bout the ipod though)

9. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I had a similar problem when I went to Italy. I had a playlist all ready to go for when I hiked up Vesuvius. I pulled my iPod out of the dock before I left for the airport. Got on the plane, and no playlists, no music, nothing! This was a whle back right when the 3G came out. I must have pulled the iPod too soon because it couldn't see the music even though the music was on the hard drive. Worst 10 hour plane ride...EVER!!!

10. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

My iPod had nothing on it one day and reformatting it didn't even work. I had to drive 1.5 to an apple store to get it replaced...sucksss

11. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

I can't imagine not having my iPod, it makes my life so much better.