WC3, can't join

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

My friend and I want to play WC3 together, but it won't let us join each other's arranged teams, or join a custom game the other has made. However, we can both join OTHER people's custom games, and we have gotten lucky before and gotten into the same game using the quick play option.

We both have tried turning firewalls off, setting ports 6112-6118 open with firewall on.

Any advice?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Have both of you set up your home routers to forward those ports to your Macs?

4. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Sorry for not stating. This is over the internet using bnet.

I think the routers are set up to do that, I could be mistaken. How do I check? (using an airport)

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I believe the person who hosts the game needs to have port 6112 open. Go to applications > utilities > airport admin utility to set up port forwarding.

6. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

port forwarding? All I see is port mapping. I have public port 6112 (and all the way to 6118) listed, a private IP address listed with them, and under private port it says 0.

7. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

8. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

problem solved, I had the public port open, but not the private. And now it's after 5 am and I must crash. ty to all for the advice