WC3 issues please help

Discussion in 'Games' started by CrackedButter, Nov 10, 2003.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I installed the latest patch for WC3 and now if i try to load the game up, it says i have to insert the disk, which is already in the machine. I can eject it and try again but it doesn't work.

I did try reinstalling everything and starting again without the patch but it still asks for the cd whether its in the drive or not.

I'm thinking it has left some file of something in an obscure folder recording the fact that a patch has been installed and its checking for that patch, i don't know really i'm guessing. But i would like to know if anybody else hs had this issue?

2. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

3. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

4. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

No the disk is kosher and its practically flawless, i can reinstall the game afterall.

5. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

6. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

7. SuperEagle macrumors newbie

WC3

I did that once when i was young, and it screwed the disk up and now i can't play it anymore. You might have screwed up the file, so just try reinstalling it.:D

8. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Well i got Warcraft 3 to work but now its the expansion pack that is giving me grief.

Same issue, it thinks the disk isn't in the drive. But i did try to install it via a windows machine. Strange because i thought it could but it reads the disk as a windows disk and not a mac.

9. SuperEagle macrumors newbie

WC3 Expansion

Did you check to make sure that the actual cd is mac and not windows.
    Otherwise you could just try reinstalling the first WC3 and then reinstall the Expansion right after. The Original WC3's problem could have made the expansion screwed up, considering that sometimes the original of a game and the expansion game sometimes share files.:) Also try not using the patch and see if it works.