WCIII on 17" iMac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Captnroger, Aug 15, 2002.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 12, 2002
    Finally got around to loading up WCIII on my 17" iMac last night. The widescreen mode (1440x900 I think) is fully supported full screen in game mode, and it looks fantastic!

I hope other game manufacturers follow suit. Of course, I'm not sure it the game itself is just reading the resolutions available in OS X or not. I find it odd that WC supports the widescreen iMac and yet the game was released over a month earlier that the new iMac. ?
  2. macrumors 68000

Jun 4, 2002
    Ottawa, ON
    meh. it's all in 3d so they don't have to do much to change resolutions. They can probably make 10240x7680 if they wanted to and if you had a graphics card/monitor that actually supported it.
  3. macrumors regular

Apr 4, 2002
    Princeton, NJ
    Nowadays with widesceen monitors so common I wouldn't be surprised if all new games supported the widescreen mode. It's nice to know that we won't all be stuck with vertical bars to the left and the right of the action in our games nowadays. About the iMac, how do you like it? I'm considering getting one myself but I'm always a little worried that Apple will go and upgrade it again a week after I buy one...

4. macrumors regular

Sep 21, 2001
    The Moon

I'm on a Tibook at the moment with WCIII and I get the vertical bars... and widescreen isn't in the options???? How did you do it?
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 12, 2002
    Art - the 17" is really nice. I love the screen. And if you wait long enough Apple will come out with something better without a doubt.

Paolo - I didn't do anything special - I just installed WCIII new from CD and launched it and then changed the video settings within WCIII itself. All the resolutions were there.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Nov 6, 2001
    Re: how

I'm on a tibook also and it's widescreen... check your resolution settings or something. Which tibook do you have?
  7. macrumors member

Dec 27, 2001
    I'm on an imac g3 400... just can't run WCIII, way too heavy, as are most of the osx games :(
  8. macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2002
    Central New York
    Well, I finally got my 17" iMac as well, War 3 runs so nicely with the widescreen res. I used to run it on my PC, 466mhz, 64mb DDR GeForce 4 MX, but I must say that the GF 4 in the iMac works just as well. Love the new iMac, finally made the switch and glad I did.

- John
  9. macrumors 68040

Welcome coolcity I wish I had that mac;) Be sure to check out channel Macrumors on Bnet and play some games with us!
    XDarkSniperX level 12:) rank 655:eek:
  10. macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    In what?:confused:
  11. zed
    macrumors 6502

Feb 4, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    what times are you guys in channel Macrumors?....

ive only seen one person in there ever (besides me).