WCIII Open GL error

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by scem0, Sep 13, 2002.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I am running a 333 MHz iMac with 160 MB of RAM, with Mac OS 10.2. I am trying to play WCIII, I have it installed, and the CD is in, but when I open warcraft it has an error. A picture of this error is attached. I tried booting into OS 9.2, and that didnt work either (because of RAM). Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

If anyone is having trouble with the attachment, the error reads 'Sorry, there was an error initializing Open GL." What does that mean?

3. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Nobody has had this error? Nobody knows how to fix it????? HELP!!! Sorry for my desperation, its just that I would like to be able to play WCIII on this iMac..... :(

4. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

Check and make sure you have the newest Driver availible...and what kind of card are you running anyways?

5. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

I knew I was forgetting to tell y'all something..... Im running the stock rage card that came with all the rev A-D iMacs.

6. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

if you're running 10.2, you have the most recent ati drivers, they came bundled in the system. i know that it sounds like a long shot, but just for the hell of it, see if you can boot from the 10.2 cd and verify your disk permissions. for a while, i did not have access to the keyboard in my opengl games because of this (i did not think that it would work, but it did). did you have wcIII up and running before the 10.2 update, or did you install it afterwards?

7. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

8. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

9. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

I dont, and i think the recommended is a 500 MHz g4, but I have heard of people playing WCIII on a 450 MHz g4 iMac. That made me believe I could on mine.

10. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

It's the graphics card...

...not the processor. Rev A iMacs have a sh*tty graphics card and WarIII needs an awesome one.

11. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

12. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

I can play it on my PowerMac which is 450 MHz running Jag and a Rage 128 pro graphics card, which is goint to get replaced soon.... hopefully:eek: . I just wanted it on my iMac so I could play my friend when he comes to my house, that would be pretty tight. Yeah it does have a pretty ****ty graphics card, but it played starcraft really well. I wouldnt call Starcraft's graphics anything near Warcraft's but still..... Oh well.... :(