WCIII Unrecoverable crashes...

Discussion in 'Games' started by spencecb, Nov 30, 2005.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Has anyone else been experiencing these unrecoverable crashes in WarCraft III? Blizzard has something about it on their website, and steps you can do to try and correct it, but nothing seems to work.

I have tried all the usual things like deleting the preferences in the Library file folder, and some of the other things they suggest. But what gives? It is the only application I use that OS X can not recover from.

If anyone else has experienced this and has been able to find a solution, please help me out!

I'm sorry in advance if this has been discussed already. I looked through the forum and didn't notice it, which I thought was weird because I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem.

I know it can't be my computer, because it happens on the iMac G5 Rev A that I just got rid of, my new Rev C iMac G5 and my PowerBook G4.

Any help would be awesome!

2. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Oh, and I has repaired permissions several times...both using the Disk Utility is OS X and booting from the install DVD and using Disk Utility from there.

There is another issue there, where it doesn't seem to properly repair my permissions, because as soon as it is completed, I can tell it to do it again and it will repair all of the same permissions.

If anyone knows anything about this, that would be helpful too. They are mostly widget files that are being repaired, so I do not think this would be the cause of the constant WCIII crashes.

3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

4. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

5. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

It usually crashes in the middle of an online game (in battlenet)

6. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

Mine used to do this al the time, so I sold it.

7. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

the only thing i can think of is to reinstall from scratch.... removing all warcraft 3 related files.(prefs) oh and when you do the updates make sure your computer does not sleep... that could effect the update.

now i have to go play and check if mine crashes...

also check blizzard forums.. somebody must be having the same problems as you...