WD Caviar 7200 120GB 3.5" Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Wes, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I am wondering (actually, confirming) if this drive will work in my new mirrored drive doors dual 1 ghz powermac. It's a WD Caviar 7200 120GB 3.5" Hard Drive. If you need a few more specs check this out: http://www.microanvika.co.uk/PCSHOP/product.asp?TXT=INFO&PNO=WES53209 . Finally, could I install this drive myself? Would I need any extra cable other than what is inside the computer, if I do, please specify. Thanks for any help,
    Wes

2. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

I can see no reason why not... it looks like it is just a hard drive. I don't know about their claim that it gets data faster than any other drive... maybe it is faster than other 7200RPM drives but I think the guys at Cheetah would want to have a competition to see which one is faster.
    :)

As for installing it yourself.... it is a breeze.

3. Wes thread starter macrumors 68020

Wes

Well thanks for the info, I think I'll get it. They claim it is faster because it has an 8mb cache compared to the 2mb on the standard 80gb drive in the mac now.

4. Wes thread starter macrumors 68020

Wes

Well thanks for the info, I think I'll get it. They claim it is faster because it has an 8mb cache compared to the 2mb on the standard 80gb drive in the mac now.

Edit: Sorry about the double post, sever was having problems at the time, mods if you are reading this, delete please.