Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rock6079, Apr 15, 2004.

1. rock6079 macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    and your call is important to us. one of r representatives will be with you shortly.

After 30 minutes of being on hold to speak to a customer service rep, im not patient anymore lol... They keep you on hold so long that you don't even want to wait to talk to anyone.. A half hour. thats a LONG time, and it takes 15 minutes on a good day.

do you guys experience this long of wait calling apple ? especaill for customer service.. i mean i jsut have a quick question about a promotion haha..

anywase they either got ALOT of people calling or the one rep is on their lunch... i guess dinner break.... :eek: :mad:
  2. PowerMacMan macrumors 6502

Mar 17, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    My dad always calls them and he only waits for a few minutes, at the most 5... and then he's chattin' away... :p
  3. rock6079 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    they answered.....

and then iwas told to call antoher number.. 10 mintues gone by..

starting to enjoy this tho. atleast they know to play some good tunes while im waiting.. i could get used to this bob dylan hahah

oh man.. such a simple question also..

i just ordered an iphoto book.. my first lol... and they launched a promotion the day after i ordered.. CANI STILL GET THAT PROMOTION.. YES OR NO .. lol

this is taking forever
  4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    My friend and I always joke about phoning Apple.

I've waited for 45 minutes to speak to and Apple representative, and when the finally answered, I asked for a supervisor and did this (Here's a transcript):

Supervisor: "Thank you for calling Apple! How can I help you?"

Me: "Please wait. Please wait. Your answer is important to me and your help is appreciated. Please wait. Please wait. The customer contacting you will be with you shorty. Please wait. Please wait. For information on John Sculley, Gil Amelio, or any other former Apple CEO's, please press one now. Please wait. Please wait. Apparently, you don't give a crap about your customers."

Supervisor: "I'm sorry sir, can I ask how long you've been on hold?"

Me: "Look enough to figure out how to solve my problem."
  5. keysersoze macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004

stupid apple.
  6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    HAHAHA He was probably at his other job... working as Symantec's lone Norton Utility for Mac engineer...

7. jkeithh macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2002
    Yep, it took forever when I was trying to figure out where my PowerBook was (the one that just totally disappeared and nobody ever figured out where it went). That is why I no longer order directly from Apple. Three weeks of being on hold only to be told a different story every time I called.
  8. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    Apple has relatively long hold times, but I've seen MUCH worse. It's taken maybe an average of 10 minutes the few times I've called them, but once I did get though people were always helpful.

Contrast that with:

Intuit (TurboTax) help (with an order problem, not the software): 20 minutes on hold after going through three phone trees, at which point I got to talk to a guy in India who couldn't find my question on his list (problem being THEY told me to call about my order!), then told me my order was fine and ready to ship. Three days later, no ship, and I have to use the chat support to get it worked out.

Microsoft: A client tried to get help with a simple Word font problem. Not only did they have her do a huge number of things that had zero chance of fixing her problem, but she had enough time to call me and have me explain to her that they were full of it, WHILE on hold.

Staples: I was on hold so long trying to get info on a camera getting into stock I forgot why I even called.

I did notice that Apple's hold music is pretty good, but not the best I've heard. Staples was unquestionably the worst--really, maddeningly awful mellow jazz. It was so annoying I wanted to hang up after the first 30 seconds just to make the music stop. RightStuf, on the other hand (online anime store), uses soundtracks for their hold music, and that music is usually so good I'm a bit disappointed that the wait is so short.
  9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Hmm, both times I called I was talking to a live person in under 5 minutes... :confused:

What I think everyone forgets is, there are people just like you and me on the other end. They get sick, swamped with calls, and have to go to the bathroom too. Some days, so many people call, it's just impossible to talk to everyone within 5 minutes of them calling.
  10. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2003
    Wakayama, Japan
    Never had a problem myself. Could just be a busy time of day.