we are now crowning kings on capital hill?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Voltron, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Fox reports that a bunch of Democrats attending his coronation. In fact one Democrat handed his crown to the one who crowned him. This was I think before he claimed to be the messiah. Wierd.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Apparently you're not crowning them, you're "coronating" them. Sounds painful.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Why tie in the Democrats here, Voltron? Are you implying that this is proof of them being "godless heathens" unlike the righteous God-fearing Republicans...furthermore you should be careful of irony...for example see this:

In the interest of fairness, this comes from a blog (as noted) and was posted by IndyMedia, which is a little biased...but somewhat credible...but Voltron your comments are representative of the saying " that is the pot calling the kettle black"...regardless of partisanship, I find this disgusting (and bizarre)...discuss on.

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

after all what i found out with a google search about this guy i wonder what he has to do with the american capitol at all.... and yeah those pictures where weird...
    argh the more i read about him the more disgusted am i....

5. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

You would think it was only Dems, wouldn't you?

Look here: http://www.politics1.com/blog-0604a.htm#crown2

You'll see it was Dems and Reps. Why anyone would vote for the members of congress who attended this event is beyond me. And I'm talking both Dems and Reps.

Further, did you know Moon owns the Washington Times? The most conservative of conservative newspapers around. Food for thought.

A little research goes a long way. That applies to Faux News, too.

Taft

6. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Good job, Taft (and blackfox, too, in an earlier post). It seems pretty clear that both Democrats and Republicans got in on this for who knows what reason.

What, exactly, is the thought process that leads someone (especially a politician) to conclude, "Yes, this sounds like a great idea?" :confused:

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i have no idea...i just could imagine the huge upcry what would happen here if something like that would happen....crowning somebody as a new messiah in the parliament....wow that would seriously made nice reactions from the churches....

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wait a minute, are you saying FAUX news is biased against Democrats? It couldn't be... they're a part of 'theliberalmedia' aren't they?

Hehe... and I love Sly's efforts to show how evil Democrats are by cozying up to a religious figure. Only to find that his beloved Republicans are not only cozying up as well, but that the guy he's criticizing them for meeting actually owns one of the more conservative newspapers in the nation. How's that for irony? :p

9. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

$$$$$$$$$$

From what I hear, he is a huge contributer to many campaigns and to both parties. He has many politcal ambitions and many reasons to keep those in the government on his side.

As an example, Salon recently ran a story on this very ceremony. From the article:

I've also heard that he has pumped 2-4 billion into the money-losing Wash. Times and other organizations over the years. He's got a lot to throw around...

Taft

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

abcnews did a piece on this. none of the congressmen knew that the reverend was behind this. they thought they were going to a dinner about peace. all but one, as mentioned, cried foul after they learned what was actually going on.

any controversy would arise from the actions seen during the dinner, once they learned what was going on. i can't fault anyone for accepting the misleading invitation in the first place.

it was held, after all, in a Senate banquet room.

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

interesting is that 'reverend' moon is not allowed to enter germany....
    and of course they are in the same "cult" group like scientology and some other "cults" even here in austria (i don't know if he is allowed to enter austria)

and the things on the site of the catholic church don't really support him hehe
    man this guy is funny

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

You have a point about the Washington Times. that is why many Republicans showed up. The Democrats that showed up were probably wanting to pander to election year politics. To show that they could put the partisan politics aside.

The joke was played on all of them by Rev. Moon.

The truth according to reports in the Dc area that this was to be more of a non-partisan event. Moon in typical fashion made it much more than that.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

the Washington Times has had a hard time finically. Though here in the DC area, there are many that feel that this is the only news source to be trusted. Much of this has to do to the 'hatch job" on Nixon during teh Watergate era. And the "favorable' reporting on the Ginsberg Pentagon pares of that same time. It just goes to solidify the division that exists in our country today.