Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
Pretty sweet. I like the song choice, pretty chill.

A bunch of my friends from high school in Detroit are like pro now.

skateboarding that is.

I used to fruitboot, thats where its at!

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Nice.

I've never got into Skateboarding, but totally respect the skills.

Given me some motivation to get back to my Mountain Bike project - taking all the footage and pics I have from riding in BC, since moving here last March. I've done some short clips for various sweet rides, but not one pulling them together as a journal or something.

:cool:

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Coool

some questions -
1 what camera did you use
2 how did you keep the camera smooth on the moving shots ?
3 how did you edit

:)

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
liketom said:
Coool

some questions -
1 what camera did you use
2 how did you keep the camera smooth on the moving shots ?
3 how did you edit

:)

Unfortunately I only have a 1chip camera so I used a JCV GR DV500u

To keep the camera smooth on the moving shots you follow the person on a skateboard, but you still have to have a steady hand so the camera doesn't shake a bunch when you push.

I used Final Cut Pro 4.5 to edit the video, and Livetype to do the titles.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Sharewaredemon said:
Unfortunately I only have a 1chip camera so I used a JCV GR DV500u

To keep the camera smooth on the moving shots you follow the person on a skateboard, but you still have to have a steady hand so the camera doesn't shake a bunch when you push.

I used Final Cut Pro 4.5 to edit the video, and Livetype to do the titles.

fantastic , been waiting for your reply ! its been doing my head in how you managed the moving shots , on a skateboard of all things :cool:

that JVC has a nice looking picture on it

Thanks for getting back to me:)

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
liketom said:
that JVC has a nice looking picture on it

Well any 1 chip camera usually doesn't produce that great a picture, but if you film on nice sunny days, and are good at setting the exposure, then you can get away with something decent.

liketom said:
Thanks for getting back to me:)

No problem, glad to see you're interested.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Nice!

I have one question:

When you are taking video of someone who is jumping over something in front of you, and then it flashes to them completing the "jump" but the camera is at a totally different angle, is that done by making them do it twice and then using the beginning part from the first shot and the finishing part from the second angle shot?

bgarry

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2005
Good trailer. I have worked in action sports as an editor for a quite a while, currently changed to realtiy television - that's where the $$$ is!!

Anyway though I would post one of the last trailers I cut for action sports. I also did the whole film and the DVD interface/menu design, etc..

http://www.thrillsspillsandchills.com/videos.html

If you are looking for distribution and have a finished product I might have some people that would be interested. Shoot me an email it you want and we can discuss. My contacts are always looking for new material.

GL with the video.

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
that's pretty damn good for not using any kind of steady cam.

Ah....to have learned skateboarding when the boards are all small and freestyle-like. I'm so old school.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.