We did it for AudioGalaxy, why not Kazaa

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by AHDuke99, Nov 14, 2002.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I haven't found any info on a Mac OS X version of Kazaa anywhere so I was thinking, someone made a mac version of AudioGalaxy's Satilitte so why can't someone made a Kazaa version for the mac. I heard it was opened source. I would but I don't know how.

2. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Well it was worth if for Audiogalaxy....I've tried using the other filesharing apps but none of them are half as fun as audiogalaxy.....p2p is dead to me.

3. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i could be wrong, but i'm fairly certain that kazaa is not open source or open protocol. neo can give you access to some kazaa files, but that's just through clever coding. ag's demise was quite sad.

4. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Heh, for one, Morpheus is now just part of the Gnutella network, and second, OpenNap is useless. Aquisition or Limewire can connect to both already.. they're just trying to trick the Mac sers into thinking that we can access the Kazaa network... WE CAN'T!!!!

irmongoose

5. bored macrumors newbie

Morpheus 2.0 runs fine on OS X. The installer is an .exe, so borrow a PC and install, then copy the program folder over to your Mac. Double-click Morph20.jar, and... yes, it's a Java app! Funny thing is, the advertising and shopping modules are DLL's which you can safely delete, and Morpheus could care less. Media playback doesn't work, but everything else does. Suh-weet!

6. DannyZR2 macrumors 6502

What about the whole eDonkey thing? Isn't it a FastTrack client??? meaning, doesn't it use the same network as Kazaa?

7. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

in my opinion eDonkey is full of crap.

it is not so user-friendly.

it does not seem to be intuitive.

i tried to use it, but i never could connect.

correct me if i am wrong on this part.

8. bbyrdhouse macrumors 6502

bbyrdhouse

E-donkey

Yes, e-donkey is full of crap!

I started using the donkey in November of 2000 when there were only a couple hundred users and it was a cool p2p app for some time, but as its popularity grew it became a headache to even just connect.

I did switch to KazzaLite (Much better than Kazza) and am having success with that program.

Does anyone know of a WinMX for the Mac?

Wish I could afford a new Mac:(

9. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Re: E-donkey

Heh.. I'd think you could guess just by the name that there won't be a Mac version...

irmongoose