We Played Wii All Day On Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Games' started by SamIchi, Nov 23, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

From like 3pm to 1am, it was on, with probably a half hour break for dinner. We played Wii Sports and Monkey Ball. Tennis was on most of the time. We played Zelda briefly for half an hour but got bored cause it wasn't multi and we just started the record. Nintendo was smart to realease just before TG, it's a great way to show off the system. The older people didn't play but were amazed by it. It was a good day, anyone else have a great day with their Wii's?

2. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I ended up not bringing it to our family gathering. :(

Everybody was so amazed to hear that I camped out for one, though. And there were no, "Oh, I really want a PS3!" comments, just, "Maybe I'll get a Wii for Christmas!"

Daniel.

3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I played 360 all day. My parents were amazed about how GoW looked minus the blood and such (we dont have an HDTV).

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Come Christmas day (or afternoon when everyone arrives) we'll have 4 Wii controllers in the house :) Probably spending most of the day playing the thing, aunts, uncles, grans and grandads alike. I might have to film the calamity that is sure to ensue.

5. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Ahhaha...Sounds like you have a good family!

MY father likes the wii a TON.....He helps me when i am stuck in Zelda:p

And he hates video games but now hes walking around say "Hey did you hear what my son bought, its like the controller....."

Not to mention my sister hates video games....Loves Wii sports!

6. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I brought it to my girlfriend's house after Thanksgiving, and her whole family took turns playing (only had one controller), and they loved it. Play for like five hours, and now her dad wants one, like, right away, before Christmas.

I also had it out today while my little sister's 16th birthday party was going on, and tons of people were playing, someone's parents that showed up decided they're getting one.

Nintendo's word-of-mouth and seeing is believing marketing is really working.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Amazingly, people have been seeing the commercials. A lot of adults I know know that I've been going on about this Wii thing for a while, but only now that they're seeing the commercials they're all of a sudden really interested in buying them and have started asking me.

8. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I just hope Nintendo still concentrates on makin awesome games and not dumb down everything for the "wider" audience.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Chances are it'll be like the DS.

Tough Generations dealing with the non-gamer market (Brain Age, 42 classics, Nintendogs and co). Whilst the Metroids, Marios, Zeldas, F-Zeros and co continue to be damn fine series.

10. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I didn't take the Wii to our family gathering, but we played most of the day yesterday, and my 5 year old son won't stop playing Wii Boxing.
    We tried Super Monkey Ball for a bit, but ended up putting Wii Sports back in for him.

I haven't even put Zelda in the system yet...and GoW sits on the shelf still in cellophane now that the Wii is hooked up. :eek: :p