We should have a myspace group.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macgeek2005, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

For those of us that have myspace, we should create a myspace group called "Macrumors" and any member of this site can join!

Is this a good idea? Or do not enough people here have myspace?

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

a user group...for a community website...on another community website? Seems kinda redundant....

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

4. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

Yes, I want to be associated with you all in 2 websites...:rolleyes:

just kidding.

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

Ditto

and ditto.

It seems pretty pointless that we'd have a myspace account given that we could just set up a MR wiki with the main page stuff, and the fact that everyone is free to post pictures and links to personal pages (including myspace pages).

That and I'm fundamentally against social networking sites like that. (Which is ironic considering how I met the girl who introduced me to my wife).

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I would set my crotch on fire before becoming a part of myspace.

This idea...it is horrible.

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

what he said

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame:rolleyes:

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Hmmm... I wasn't sure anyone over 21 who isn't an attention whore was even allowed onto that site.

Actually, I suppose the "over 21" isn't even necessary.

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Oh, there's plenty of people on MySpace who are REALLY over 21... they just pretend not to be.

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yeah, I thought I saw you there when I was posting 20-year-old shots of myself in college and pretending they were recent. ;)

11. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

:eek: I hate Myspace too, but damn...you take the cake! By the way, that is a terrible idea.
    Do something a bit less drastic, like jamming a pen into the eyes you just dropped a couple grand on. At least you'll still be of use to us women! Lighting your crotch on fire...*shudders* OMG just don't!!)

12. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Blech! What is SO wonderful about myspace that we have to post there AND here to the same people?! Sheesh.

And for the record, I have a bogus myspace account that I set up just so I could check out info on another myspace user that some MR user was complaining about a little while ago (too lazy to search for the thread). What a waste of time THAT was.... I can only handle one waste of time site at a time. :D

13. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

I don't get why it's such a bad idea. I'd actually thought of it before.... MySpace is a good way to get in touch with people and I like to design my own page, edit pictures to put up there, see how others design their page, leave casual comments for my friends, etc.
    It's not so horrible. My friends and I don't have stupid stuff on MySpace and you don't have to be a whore or a 40 year-old stalker male to be on it. For the longest time I was against MySpace, but now I see how it's a good networking tool and I just generally enjoy it.
    I don't think a MacRumors group is a bad idea. macgeek2005, do you want to start it? And also, what is your sn/name? We might be friends but I don't remember your sn. Otherwise, friend me (my profile is private @ http://www.myspace.com/61878382), tell me that you have (message there or tell me here) and I'll accept.
    MySpace isn't so awful, and not everyone on there is an attention whore.

14. vniow macrumors G4

There's one already I think, or at least there was. No one ever really visited though.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I think that question has been answered....

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.