we will nuke you

Discussion in 'Community' started by krossfyter, Dec 11, 2002.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Look what made the cover of the New York Post! ...

Attached Files:

2. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Ha! That's great! This is gonna turn into a full-blown media circus! Can't wait to see the iternational reaction to THAT cover!:D

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ahhh

new york post is a joke it seems.

not based only on this. though i think that headline is a bit much.

5. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

while the statement worries me. it's not unprecedented...

it's just in the context of the US's current (and pretty much always) self view of "the man".... that's what makes it a bigger deal. the current threat of war.. but again. same was basically said many times...

7. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

its more or less a defensive measure. its to tell anyone thinking about using WMDs that they will be gone by way of a nuke.

8. mkubal macrumors 6502a

what's worse

What's worse is that there are plenty of people on this board that would have no problem believing this story and would go to great lengths to propigate such B.S.

And when I say believe this story I mean that they would take that headline at face value.

Matt

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Typical sensationalizing of the facts by the media - idiots. This discussion has been going on in the current events forum. Truly sad :( I wish that the media would realize that they have a responsibility to present the stories in their correct context.

D

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

President Bush is totally serious, the use of WMD's will have serious consequences. This is a message in particular to Saddam Hussein, but also to the world at large. The US will not tolerate the indisciminate use of WMD's, a tactical nuke would probably be all that would be needed. President Truman did it in 1945 for that reason, a stong message!

11. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i just find it funny man...

"dont use your nukes because will use ours on you"

just a trip thats all

12. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

I'd say you could pretty much count on the world wiping us (the US) out. No more American Pie... we go BYEBYE...

:cool:

13. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

Are we actually contemplating bombing a country for cowardace? Just cause they (the Iraqis) are affraid to try to assassinate their dictator doesn't make me want to jump on Georgie Porgies YeeHaa Howdown.

I read an article in the British Press a few days ago that stated that Britian isn't the only country that has Nuclear Missiles aimed at the White House. Many Commonwealth Countries, including Canada, supposidely have got Bush lined up in case he gets out of line.

14. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

how you figure?

15. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

The Commonwealth is already voting to stop Bush. Great Britian will have to go along with the vote. If Bush goes over the line... well, lets just say we ain't got the reserves by far to match the Combined forces of the Commonwealth's firepower.

I think another way to think of this is we constantly brag on the world stage. If you remember the schoolyard bully or the rich kid who pushed his way around, eventually a bunch of kids got together and pounded the snot out of him. Well, we're that bully - that rich kid who's opening his mouth once too many times. The other kids in the playground have had enough of this game, and pretty soon are going to want to go on with their playing (ie live peaceful lives free from the threats of the so-called Superpower that is us).

If you check with NATO and other such groups, you'll see that the US military machine isn't all that large in comparison to combined world forces. Plus, the military is depleting itself more and more in trying to put out all these fires.

I basically just want George Bush to shut his big fat Texas mouth before he gets us all killed.

16. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Oh sweet Jesus. Look, bring it ok. Seriously, it would take about 5 hours to handle Canada. And no, you don't have nukes. As for Britian having missles targeted at the US, pure and total crap. I can't believe that people would spread such lies.

17. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

18. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

OMG, that was hillarious. I really did laugh outloud!

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would like to see the article that states our allies have targeted us. I think the premise of mutually assured destruction makes that unlikely. It worked with Russia, its Iraq, North Korea, India, & Pakistan that we need to be concerned.

20. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

President Truman did not do that. He intended to keep using the bomb over and over again. If Japan hadn't surrendered it would've have been very messy indeed.

"We shall continue to use it, until we completely destroy Japan's power to make war!" Truman 1945

21. wwworry macrumors regular

The sports aren't bad and it's only 25 cents. Not bad after you've read the other ones.

22. fleetwood macrumors newbie

Turn It all to Glass, I say.

Yep!
    A new sport will arise, glass skating in Iraq.
    Now that sounds like fun.

23. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

you cant be serious.

24. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

WHAT! That was propoganda. We were out of nukes after the second one was droped. Had Japan not surrendered, we would have had to invade the mainland.

25. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    i am amazed at the amount of idiots on this board.

• We only had TWO nukes in WWII. We played our cards, and they did not read our bluff. usa wins.

• We WILL nuke saddam, or anyone else, if they use WMD. We WILL NOT nuke for the hell of it. Basically what Bush said is that if you attack us with a WMD, there will be no more you.

• our allies are not targeting us. maybe france, but screw those dirty bastards anyway. "Lets elect a fascist for president"

• If the world did target us with WMD, there would be no more world. Remember the cold war? Mutually assured destruction is a pretty damn good deterrent, unless you have a crazy like saddam at the helm.