Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Has anyone here seen "The Gadget Show"?. It is a weekly show on CH5 (UK) and I just HAD to post this ridiculous segment, where one presenter tried to wean the other off Apple products. Could this be ANYTHING to do with the fact that they're blatently sponsored by *PC WORLD* (Cringggggeee!!) part of Dixons Store Group - possibly THE worst, the most ignorant and unethical retailer of technology products in the UK.

Here goes, as, for some bizarre reason (probably PC World's attempt to sell more PCs) they try to wean Jason Bradbury off Apple products... how odd...
:confused:

http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/videos/challenge/weaning-jason-off-apple

[PS] Only the Brits could make such a stupid and pointless film.

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
You DO know that

a) Mac's ARE PC's

b) PC World sells Macs, cheaper than Apple does.

c) Most PC worlds have dedicated Apple staff?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I saw that episode. As I recall it was pretty funny. The Gadget Show is just lighthearted tech-based entertainment. They may be sponsored by PC World (which sells Apple products too, BTW) but I think their opinions on various products are usually pretty un-biased.

RE: "Only the Brits could make such a stupid and pointless film. " what is that supposed to mean?

I really think you're taking it a bit too seriously.

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
Has anyone here seen "The Gadget Show"?. It is a weekly show on CH5 (UK) and I just HAD to post this ridiculous segment, where one presenter tried to wean the other off Apple products. Could this be ANYTHING to do with the fact that they're blatently sponsored by *PC WORLD* (Cringggggeee!!) part of Dixons Store Group - possibly THE worst, the most ignorant and unethical retailer of technology products in the UK.

Here goes, as, for some bizarre reason (probably PC World's attempt to sell more PCs) they try to wean Jason Bradbury off Apple products... how odd...
:confused:

http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/videos/challenge/weaning-jason-off-apple

[PS] Only the Brits could make such a stupid and pointless film.

Whether you admit it or not, you've just embarrassed yourself with that OP.

As iBlue said, it's very light-hearted, and tongue in cheek. Only *you* - and notice I don't tar everybody from your country with the same brush, because that's rude and ignorant - could fail to take it at face value. As for trying to sell more PC's - what a load of conspiratorial guff. If you'd seen any of the shows, you'd know Apple was particularly highly thought off on the show, regardless of who sponsors it. Weening Jason off Apple is an entirely logical task choice, given he makes no secret of his adoration throughout each series (despite the PC World sponsorship! Shock horror.)

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
yeah.. i saw that episode... was quite a while back i think...

you know he's not going to move away from apple products anyway :) lol!

the gadget show has gone a lot downhill nowadays IMO... the challenges are mostly rubbish too...

next week is the mobile app competition... might give that a watch.. other than that, jon bentleys eyebrows are the only thing going for it ;) haha

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
You DO know that

a) Mac's ARE PC's

b) PC World sells Macs, cheaper than Apple does.

c) Most PC worlds have dedicated Apple staff?

a) Well duh

b) They DO?... not with 16% off for students

c) I think you mean SOME, not most

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
Seriously - you need to get out more. How insecure must you be to have an issue with a program like that? Hell - if nothing else, it serves as an opportunity for a demonstration of what JB couldn't do without from Mac-land, and where the weak-points are.

And MOST people are not students. Moot point.

Doug

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Seriously - you need to get out more. How insecure must you be to have an issue with a program like that? Hell - if nothing else, it serves as an opportunity for a demonstration of what JB couldn't do without from Mac-land, and where the weak-points are.

And MOST people are not students. Moot point.

Doug

Making statements, doesn't make them fact. I don't have "an issue" with the program, I just thought the whole thing was ridiculous, even though it was "light hearted", it was a pointless idea. I think the "issue" is probably yours, if you have to come on here and call people you have never met, "insecure".

You DO know that
...b) PC World sells Macs, cheaper than Apple does.

I'd like to see how you came to this conclusion - could you provide some evidence?. Even if you are right, PC World provide crap, uninformed & unprofessional service, UNLESS you're talking about the mini Apple stores INSIDE PC World?.

applestore1.jpg

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
^ Oh I see, you require a point. Might I ask what is the point of this thread?

(Again) I also would like to know exactly what you mean by: "Only the Brits could make such a stupid and pointless film."

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
^ Oh I see, you require a point. Might I ask what is the point of this thread?

(Again) I also would like to know exactly what you mean by: "Only the Brits could make such a stupid and pointless film."

I'm a Brit, and they are generally pretty good at making pointless, space-filler TV, so that is what I meant. If you take offence, that is your issue, not mine. Does everything HAVE to have a "point" in life?. What is the purpose of our existance?. Who cares, in this context - freedom of speech, and I don't NEED a "point".

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I'm a Brit, and they are generally pretty good at making pointless, space-filler TV, so that is what I meant. If you take offence, that is your issue, not mine. Does everything HAVE to have a "point" in life?. What is the purpose of our existance?. Who cares, in this context - freedom of speech, and I don't NEED a "point".

That's precisely what I was getting at. You seemed so annoyed by this silly episode of The Gadget Show and called it pointless. I didn't think it needed to have a point in order to be entertaining. I thought you may be taking it too seriously and perhaps too personally. They're not anti-apple anyway.

I was curious about the brit thing because it sounded like you were from somewhere else and didn't understand the gadget show format or something. You're right, there are a lot of "pointless" shows on british TV but many of them are still highly amusing. ('never mind the buzzcocks' comes to mind) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.