Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Few weeks ago I noticed it stopped working but the app has no problems, anyone with it have the same problem?

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
what's the issue? can't add widget? widget crashes? widget not showing data?

(if widget is not showing data, 10.1 supposedly fixes that. from the release notes:
  • Fixes an issue where Weather widget sometimes failed to load data
though that might just be for the stock weather app)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Good time to try another. I recently discovered BeWeather (thanks to another thread on here) and I don't think I've opened TWC since. Great widget.
Yeah, switched to that one a long time ago. It's the only one that gives a preview of a few upcoming days, and can be customized a bit (and can show multiple locations too). The forecast is quite good too, although that can depend on location and the weather data available.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I was a long time user of this app as well and kept having issues like this, finally switched to Accuweather and never looked back

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Back to working now after a reinstall so we're all good. I did look up Beweather but saw it's a paid app and well, I don't do paid apps lol.

I've never really had issues with twc so I'm still rolling with it.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Back to working now after a reinstall so we're all good. I did look up Beweather but saw it's a paid app and well, I don't do paid apps lol.

Try a reboot of the phones next time. That's what I did to get it back

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

BeWeather has a free version.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Yeah, switched to that one a long time ago. It's the only one that gives a preview of a few upcoming days, and can be customized a bit (and can show multiple locations too). The forecast is quite good too, although that can depend on location and the weather data available.

There are others though (like Widget Weather, Weather Live, Weather Underground see also this post) which show upcoming days.

You have to try BeWeather 2 (free or paid) and you don't ever want to go back or pay a few dollars for Widget Weather. I would rather buy for an app and don't see advertisement or have an app/widget that is perfect for me.

I really love BeWeather2 (I bought pro version) but I'm also very impressed since I discovered Widget Weather yesterday. I did change to a different icon set Climacons though because the yn.no is horrible in my opinion. The app icon is still awfull for widget weather but I do love the widget and app though.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There are others though (like Widget Weather, Weather Live, Weather Underground see also this post) which show upcoming days.

You have to try BeWeather 2 (free or paid) and you don't ever want to go back or pay a few dollars for Widget Weather. I would rather buy for an app and don't see advertisement or have an app/widget that is perfect for me.

I really love BeWeather2 (I bought pro version) but I'm also very impressed since I discovered Widget Weather yesterday. I did change to a different icon set Climacons though because the yn.no is horrible in my opinion. The app icon is still awfull for widget weather but I do love the widget and app though.
Unless I missed something, I don't think the Weather Underground widget shows upcoming days, just basically hours up to the next 24 (using the graph view) as far as I can tell.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Unless I missed something, I don't think the Weather Underground widget shows upcoming days, just basically hours up to the next 24 (using the graph view) as far as I can tell.

You are right I'm sorry for the incorrect info on Weather Underground. There are various other widgets out there though as mentioned in my previous message and here are two more: Atmos, Weather 14 Days.

Reactions: C DM

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Well twc's widget stopped working again so I made the switch to Beweather. I didn't realize how customizable it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.