Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Lately I have been having a problem with weather iWidgets not working on my Springboard or lock screen. I know Yahoo changed something with their code that breaks the widgets. I have iFile installed, but am not sure exactly where to look to change the preferences file that could possibly fix this issue. The iWidget I am trying to fix is called Arcobaleno Forecast which uses the zip code to find the weather info to display. The time and date work fine, but the current weather and forecast have been stuck on the same values for at least the past week. Thanks for any help that can be suggested.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
I replaced the code in both the location.js and main.js files and still nothing has updated. Have you actually gotten this to work on any iWidgets yourself.

Yes.... I fixed a few. I'll try to link you to something in a bit. You need to respring for it to take effect. Even after you do this, the feed will still go down from time to time also. No way around it.

http://www.junesiphone.com/articles/

Last edited:

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Get that, along with infostats to show batt levels, ram etc.... Most devs are putting those elements in the new widgets. Info will not show up without infostats installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.