Weather widget

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cnguyen0320, Jun 19, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Is the weather widget still in notification center? I really liked being able to pull down from anywhere to check the weather but I haven't seen it in any pictures or mentioned yet in any blog, etc. Any one running iOS 7 that can quickly check? Thanks.

2. macrumors 68030

Nope, it's gone and is only a stand alone app now.

3. macrumors 601

Wrong. There's no visual widget, but there is text saying the weather conditions.

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 68030

Yea, he was asking about the widget. I know there is a description of the weather.

5. macrumors P6

Does that text or anything related to it in that Today section allow you to go to the Weather app directly?

6. macrumors 6502

the text does...

7. macrumors P6

Interesting. Strangely the calendar information on that screen doesn't seem to take you to the Calendar if you try, and neither does the stock information if you have stocks enabled there. Not sure about reminders (haven't tried them).

Interesting that the weather information would actually take you to the Weather app. I wonder if the traffic information would similarly take you to the Maps app perhaps then.

Odd about the inconsistency though...but then again, it's only the first beta, so who knows.

8. macrumors member

The stock information takes you to the stocks app.

9. macrumors P6

Weird, it didn't do it for me when I tried it yesterday, but worked just now.

Makes it even more strange that the calendar information in that Today tab there doesn't take you to the calendar.