Weather widget

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Merkie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 68000

Oct 23, 2008
    I don't understand why Apple removed the weather widget. The weather widget in iOS 6 was perfect. They should bring it back.
  2. macrumors regular

Jun 16, 2013
    There has never been a weather widget, youre thinking of Android
  3. macrumors 6502a

Aug 3, 2013
    Hamburg, Germany
    He is talking about the NC widget and they changed it only. Now it's a text info rather than icons.
  4. macrumors 6502

Apr 11, 2012
    I think he is referring to the weather and stock widget/graphic in Notification Centre.

Edit: posted this at the same time as the above poster.
  5. macrumors regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Oh okay, i think the text is great but could use a forecast
  6. macrumors 6502

Apr 11, 2012
    I agree. I threw the Stock and Weather App in my trash folder once Notification Centre was introduced, since it was all there at a glance. Losing this feature is a big step backwards for me, but at least I can remove iTorch and Calculator since they are now in Control Centre.
  7. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Jul 17, 2008
    Text takes a lot longer to read than an icon representing weather, which could be taken in with a glance. :(
  8. macrumors member

Aug 15, 2009
    Well the only thing I can think is: Those iOS designers are smoking way too much hash. Now we have a cleaner, yet slower and less intuitive OS. So much knowledge about interaction just throwed out of window.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    It would be neat for them to include an small outlined icon of the current weather too.