weather widgit

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trev, Jan 15, 2007.

1. trev macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2006
    St. John's, NL
    hey guys,

The weather widgit that came with my macbook doesn't seem to be function properly... well.. not at all actually. It says that I'm in "st. john's"... but that's it. Any suggestions?

- Trevor

p.s. I've rellatively new to my mac and I tend to post a lot of questions here... is this getting annoying or is that what this forum is for? Thanks!
  2. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2005
    Have you entered your correct town or zip code o the backside of the widget?

You can flip over most widgets by finding the i button on the front and clicking it.
  3. bobcan macrumors 6502a

Jan 8, 2007
    Sunny but Cold.. Canada
    Right Place... Wrong Weather!!

Mine is unfortunately (or not) showing the right place, but wrong weather!! Apparently it is quite often 30˚C of from what it actually is (currently says 14˚C and raining; actually -18˚C and snow is more likely :confused: )... it would be nice if it was true!!! :cool:

But it is a Weather Forecast after all and what else would we expect!!
  4. Nekkid Fish macrumors member

Jan 12, 2007
    So Cal
    Thank you so much for this info ... I had no idea how to change things on them.

HUGz! Jules
  5. emptyCup macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2005
    I use the AccuWeather widget and it's generally right. Try a nearby Zip code and see if you can get yours to read from a different source. If you are interested in weather try Radar in Motion. There are many options, such as double clicking to enlarge or different views, so read the Help.