web browser problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dandy(MacBook), Jan 5, 2007.

1. dandy(MacBook) macrumors newbie

dandy(MacBook)

hi
    i have one problem with my browser... i am using safari and firefox as well and this problem occures on both...

sometimes it cant open a page... i mean that after some clicks it cant be loadet and i have to quit the appication and open firefox instead and when it happens in firefox switch back to safari...and so on...
    it happens just on some pages not all but when i run the same thing on windows it goes perfect so i dont think the problem is in page...
    i can see the blue loading bar stopping at http:// and not going further...and then it is not responding...just loading...

i have all updates..
    i am sure that it is just my fault but dont know how to avoid it... maybe it is just in preferences

thanks

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

3. Queso macrumors G4

Can you make sure that IPv6 is turned off in your System Preferences>>Network>>(interface)>>TCP/IP panel? I suffered similar effects with 10.4.3 until I turned that off.

4. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Also, what kind of network setup do you have? Did everything used to work before and now not? Any windows machines around that work?

5. dandy(MacBook) thread starter macrumors newbie

dandy(MacBook)

site

mostly with my MMORPGH game theancientwars.com but occured at other as well but not so often...

6. dandy(MacBook) thread starter macrumors newbie

dandy(MacBook)

i dont know what is IPv6 but i turned it off but it doesnt solve the problem...

7. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

maybe nothing but on Firefox for windows i am unable to right click anywhere on that website

EDIT : just looked at the source code for the page and they have disabled right click

8. dandy(MacBook) thread starter macrumors newbie

dandy(MacBook)

i have recently reinstalled my OS X and from then it is not working properly
    before it was good,
    i dont think i changed anything in previous installation
    and i have not changed any network setup now... everything is default , except the thing i changed now - IPv6 which didnt change that

9. dandy(MacBook) thread starter macrumors newbie

dandy(MacBook)

yes that thing is for opening multi pages... long history ... lot of people cheated with that ability so they are trying to stop that...

10. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

what about Java update : http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/j2se50release4intel.html

depending on if you have intel and what version Tiger you have

11. dandy(MacBook) thread starter macrumors newbie

dandy(MacBook)

i never had such a probem in windows... when i need to do something i must switch to windows to run the page propperly
    (just reminding that it is not crashing just on this one, but on this the most...)

i was thinking if my memory is full and another location cannot be loadet... but when i clen history and caches and everything it is not helpfull... only when i switch application or quit it and open again after a minute....
    it is very strange to me...