'Web' Button

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ensign Paris, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Hi

I would just like to point out that it is well worth putting your web address in your profile, currently I have given my web address to a few of my friends and listed it on this board, since Monday I have had 136ish visitors to the site for no particular reason just through MacRumors which is great, so therefore I advise people put there site so that web button works because its a great way of getting visitors to your site ;)

Ensign

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've had thousands since I put it in my sig - pretty crazy actually. :D

3. Ensign Paris thread starter macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

its well worth it, I plan to move my site to some sort of OSX server some time soon because the current server is a pile of crap, it keeps on couropting files etc...

Ensign

4. awrc macrumors regular

Worth a try, I guess. I stopped actively maintaining my web site in December 1999, but it still gets some traffic, so we'll see if adding it to my signature causes any sort of recognizable blip in the number of hits that I get :D

According to my wusage stats, the most frequently accessed file is robots.txt, the file most search engines use to decide whether they're allowed to index a site or not. That's pretty sad.

5. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i clicked on it for you
    consiter it a gift
    the next one will cost you;)